Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I'm so sorry to read what happened to you but I'd like other people to know it's not an isolated incident.

We stayed in the Fanabe area in October. A couple on a table opposite us told us the wife's handbag was stolen while they sat on a grassy bank. Her husband was a policeman, so very aware. He said the thief must have 'hooked' it somehow as no one sat near them at the time.

In January this year, same area, a German family had their wallet & camera stolen. They were sitting on the sunbeds underneath the parasol, with people all around them & their things just 'vanished'. They asked everyone around them but no one saw anything.

We spoke to a couple who live in PDLA & apparantly it is extremely common. They said that there are certain people that frequent the beaches & restaurants who they & the police believe to be resposible. The Police are very good apparantly & do their best but holidaymakers need to be aware of the problem & guard their valuables more closely. It is very easy to let your guard down on holiday.

It is the same wherever you go on holiday, not just Tenerife.
SORRY TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENED...I would put these people down..(strong views , but my views)

at that end of the prom (Las Dalias end) my wife and I sat on a seat and I tried to have five minutes (as we fell out again :tongue ) and a big coloured guy tried to steal her handbag...with a loud shout (from her) I then looked, saw him and started running after him and fortunately he dropped the handbag................we all must remember we are easy targets being on holidays and letting or guard down :( :( :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.