Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi LoriH

And welcome to the forums.

This hotel is located on the main road in las Americas. It is next door the the palm beach club, where we stay.
It looks a lovely hotel, have not seen the pool area.

But the only 1 downside that i think that it has.

When we are on our balcony in Palm Beach we are looking straight into the hotel rooms in this hotel. Our balconys get the sun all day long. But the ones in the hotel don't. Also they are real tiny balconies. And i mean real small. It doesn't seem big enough for people to sit out on.

Hope that this helps.
Hi LoriH - there are 2 reviews on this site.. this hotel was called the Park Troya, so maybe that's why you can't find reviews if you are looking under Hesperia. Good quality hotel in good location. The only problem we had there was that we went in November and it was very windy. Being across the road from the beach meant there was a lot of sand blown in to the pool, which was freezing!!
Thanks for that info. think we may search for something else instead. 8)
Nice hotel not bad food - no night entertainment - if you go remember the black and white pussy cat on the drive loves the hotel ham...
Hi i am going out to tenerife on tuesday and was wondering if anyone has stayed at the hesperia troya recently,if so any info would be much appreciated ive heard mixed reports about the food&entertainment??

Thanks
Bri.
Thanks for the tips guys!

:)
Can't comment about anything in the hotel as i've never stayed there.

But location wise it is excellent, be sure to visit the greek which is situated next door to it.

We stay next door in palm beach. Out apt is facing los Cristainos and out apt gets the sun all day long.

That is the only problem with this hotel. If your room is facing palm beach then you will get no sun at all during the day.

Now if you manage to get a room facing towards los c you will get the sun.

So i would e-mail the hotel and ask for a room on this side. It doesn't hurt to ask.
cheers, i stayed in the gala which is opposite in april and the sun was ok there so i will ask for a room facing the gala and hopefully i will get some sun :D
Has anyone any information on the construction work , allegedly outside the Hesperia troya hotel ? . We are going there in 4 weeks time and Thomas Cook have advised us that there is construction work taking place on a footbridge outside the hotel . We have 1 week to decide whether we want to risk it with the probability of noise , dust and inconvenience or try and get alternative accomodation in PDLA .
They were working on that bridge last February.
Is it not finished yet?

I expect this is the main bridge for all trafic.
Billyboy.
Yes they are still working on the bridge. And i imagine would be for some considerable time.

It really isn't a problem, and the bridge is not right outside of the entrance to the hotel, it is to the left.

you should have stayed there when the whole of the road was up outside, this is now finished.

It is just that instead of walking down the road, you have to come off walk over a bridge on the beach and then either, get back onto the road or stay on the coastal path.

people have been doing this for the past 12 months.

i have a video of the old works on tripadvisor
We were in the Palm beach club last week and apart from doing a de tour via the beach
over the wooden bridge there was no problem with the on going work.
as wicked chris said if your room faces the Palm beach there is no sun on the balcony
the view into the Palm beach pool area is good but bear in mind Palm beach pool is closed
from june1st to the 12th as they are re tiling the pool so you would be over looking a empty
pool.hope this helps :yikes
ann :wave:
Oh ann thanks for that i knew the pool was going to be shut for 2 weeks this year.

glad it's not when we go

4 years ago when we was there, they were doing all the tiling and it was a nightmare. ended up on the beach everyday

how was your holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.