EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Thanks for the info' re' eating out Jaqui. I'll be out there (albatros/Taray site) from 9th-17th April. I haven't experienced many local restaurants, but I enjoy trying different places for morning coffee. I love the Mercadona Cafe, excelent coffee & tapas & a wonderful meeting place. I also like Bar Tropicana, next to the church just outside La Ferria. I like the mix of old & new decor & love the way they present food - very artistic. Staff are very friendly and good coffee. a ration each of Almonds & olives with coffee is 1 euro! The Baleanareo Hotel also has a lovely 'old' feel to it and serves very good food, including Menu del Dia, albeit a bit pricey.

I would love to hear of other places to visit in & around Alcazares

Kathy
Hi Kathy,
Good to hear you like La Encarnacion ( hotel balneario) the tapas are great, especially the boquerones and the pulpo if you like seafood. I like the dinner in the restaurant at night , but my husband thinks its overpriced!
Another good place to try at lunchtime is Leven Gourmet next to the golf shop on the road in to San Javier ( take the service road ), ask for jamon y queso, they don't usually have a menu, and they will bring a plate to share of fresh iberico ham and parmesan cheese from their deli.Washed down with a glass of chardonnay its heaven!
Have a good trip
jacquie
Has anybody got any upto date recommendations for some nice places to eat in Los Alcazares, we are holidaying there in August at Nueva Ribera resort.
How far are we from the main plaza of shops and restaurants.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.