Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
I am not sure exactly where your apartments will be, but if they are in Los Alcázares town, then they will not be too far from the beach and other facilities.

Los Alcázares is a pleasant enough place with mostly Spanish residents. The majority of British bars are situated on and near to the main town square.

The beaches are relatively narrow, with a paved walkway that stretches for many kilometres running alongside. The Mar Menor is quite shallow and slopes gently from the beach, so is warm and good for children.

Early September is only a few weeks away and it will still be holiday time for schoolchildren here when you first arrive. If you are there for more than a week then you will notice a reduction of holidaymakers as the kids return to school.

If you are staying between the 18th and 20th of September then things will be busier at that time as Spain will be playing their Davis Cup tennis match at the nearby Polaris World La Torre resort.

I wouldn't worry about the weather too much. It is presently mid 30's during the day with about a 10 degree drop in the evenings. Things should not change significantly over the next few weeks.
We have holidayed in Los alcazares this summer with our young family. We feel that this area is fine for couples but too quiet for children of any age. We stayed on an apartment complex called Albatross. Apartment was Ok but pool far too small for the complex so was manic. Would not take children again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.