Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I wouldn't say the hotel is on the wrong side of the river. I lived in a condo a few hundred metres north of Millenium Hilton for a while and I thought it was by far the best side of the river to be on. Great views over the city centre and towards the Oriental / Sheraton / Shangrila, a couple of good seafood restaurants nearby - Yok Yor is only 2 minutes walk. Free boat service to the skytrain. A bit of fresh air on the high floors as the wind isn't blocked by other buildings. Walk out of the hotel and around the area nearby and you wont feel like you are in touristy area at all - unlike the mass of tailors shops that await you when you walk out of any hotels on the opposite side of the river.
Now I know exactly where it is- thanks. Have stayed at the Marriott before and although I loved it, it was a bit of a boat ride to get anywhere.
Fiona, have you stayed at Shangri La before? What room were you trying to get?
The Millenium Hilton was the big white elephant that was falling into the river and left empty for years before being rescued and restored by Hilton group! Always amused me that someone could put that amount of money into building such a huge hotel, and not bother to build proper foundations!

(Note - obviously they have now been added so all is fine!!).

It looks like you'll have great views (it's like Hong Kong - the best views are from Kowloon, the untrendy side!) and look forward to feedback from the revolving restaurant. I've never stayed that side of the river but it always looks interesting to explore. I've heard of a couple of Bangkok cycling tours that operate from nearby - but don't have any links - might be worth considering?
Martin
I wanted a club floor. Absolutely fully booked.

Sam
thanks for that- I probably have photos containing the half built hotel.
However, we have now booked Pan Pacific. We decided we liked the look of the hotel and know exactly where it is. As we only have 2 nights and one full day we are already next to one restaurant we want to try again :) Also its on the Skytrain route and next to the Market.
stayed in executive suite last may for 2 nights and i have stayed in the sheraton opposite side of the river but i have to say if you can find a better hotel in bangkok then tell me as it was breathtaking..infinity pool great and the 360 bar was brill for the view over bangkok city.. stay at the hilton if you can...
I will probably end up there sometime. :) As we only have one clear day, we chose the Pan Pacific for the location. We won't have time to use the pool, but have to agree that the photos look breathtaking.
Would love to read a review if you have time. We were looking at Ex Club floor too.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/
exec room had separate bedroom with tv on wall and from lying on the bed could still see bangkok... we had free snacks all day in exect lounge and soft drinks tea coffee hot choc ect i also think you are aloud beer but cant remember.. also from 6-8pm you can go to the 360 bar again food with cocktails all free for the 2 hours it was fantastic...you also have some free items for laundry and an un packing service..you can also use their laptops for free...we would defo stay again..breaskfast was 10 out 10 everything you can think of.. the have their shuttle boat whcih takes about 5 mins to taskin sky train stop which runs till about midnight..hope this helps :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.