Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
That traansatlantic is on Splendour of the Seas 26th April out of Galvaston Texas
Sue, hope you have a wonderful trip. Will be thinking of you as the cold rain drips off me while you are away. Look forward to reading your review.

The 26th April cruise on Splendour is a great opportunity for your next one!!
Thanks for the good wishes. Yes that is a fantastic price for a D1 balcony on Splendour but this is just too soon for me. Only back on the 2nd April.
Pricing Sept/Oct for Century and Emerald Princess but the prices have gone up since I looked at them in January.
Wish I had gone ahead with the booking but it is still early in the year and like last year there may be some better prices later on.
Will probably take an option whilst on board anyway and sort it out when I am back.

You will be looking forward to the Baltic cruise on Century in June. I am absolutely sure you will enjoy it tremendously!

Will let you all know how Millennium is standing up to the elderly state of not quite 7 years! I know all the beds and bedding have been replace through the whole fleet as well as carpets and soft furnishing etcetc.
The new beds on Century were so very comfortable. Don't quite know what I am going to do with the PILLOW menu!

Sue
Just home this evening. Nothing is simple with me always some adventure or another.!Had a truly fantastic time just very tired. Getting old and it happens to us all. I will write a review in a few days when I have had some sleep.

Millennium is in good condition and crew were ready to board as we were leaving the ship. During this dry dock there is also to be a major refurbishment etc. New carpets soft furnishing work on the outer decks etc. She will be in dry dock for some days not sure exactly at this time but I think she will look great.

The crew on board were magnificient to be especially Janet their Concierge and the Hotel Director. More of that to come.

Have taken an option on a future cruise for October/November. They have given me an option until the 20/4 or longer if need be. Got the REFERENCE no and also the OBC. As I would be paying a single supplement but a friend also would be travelling again on a single rate. They would not normally give an OBC unless you were actually on board. Sometimes people get around this by splitting their party up and booking 2 rooms with different people in each. I will also have some time to perhaps explore other options. Nothing to pay until you book and this can be on another ship on another date or even if you decide you don't want to cruise at all there is nothing to lose. The OBC is there for the taking once you decide and then the usual deposit of £100 applies.

There seems to be no problem with my Friend June and she is out of the country in Dubai until the 15th April. No deposit to pay just hold the room and then my TA takes it over and onward from there. I can also look for a different room although I am happy with my choice but you look at their web site and see what is available. I for this cruise will book I think an inside grade 9 or if something better comes along I will see. On the T/A I travelled Concierge class but do I need all that! Fresh flowers everyday Canapes everynight which I didn't eat a PILLOW menu I could go on and on. I did not feel any pressure about the gratutities which I used my OBC to pay. A note in the daily news advising people that the option is there!

Nothing added or letters being continually sent to my room. The interactive TV lets you moniter your account and I have never had an error in my account in all the cruises I have taken.

Also managaged to get on an earlier BMI flight on a ticket which was not changeable and first of all they said I would need to buy another ticket at a cost of £172! single rate to Leeds/Bradford. I need assistance with my bags and was directed to a desk where the man said it was too early to book in for my 17.50pm flight. Next thing he gives me a boarding pass for the 13.00 hours flight. I had 28.9K for this domestic flight and he just simply put my case through without any talk of excess baggage costs. BMI Have a stingy! 20K and they are really enforcing this very strictly.
They has a line of people waiting simply to have their cases weighed prior to even going to the check in.
SORRY I was not prepared to stand in I almost said in line and there were great arguments as folks had 2 3 4 5 6 and even as much as 7-8 cases.

I got the 13.00 flight which at best was 25% full but the ticket booked did give them the right to refuse me travelling on that flight. Thnak goodness someone used a bit of common sense. I was told to call my Ali TA and she called X for me and they advised that I might be able to claim the cost of the flight through my holiday insurance but my condition was excluded in the policy. GUESS I just got lucky in the end. Ali bless her pulled all the stops she could but in the end someone would have had to pick up the tab for the £172. and that I knew would be a no no but it was worth a try. In the end I got on that flight and without the AIRLINE TV programmes we see.
YES and NO arguments with anyone just asked if they would be prepared to help me and it does no harm to ask again if at first you don't succeed.

I was told my the ticket desk where I was directed to to simply to by BUS. I did think of just getting a taxi home but in the end all I had to do was call the private hire taxi company I use regularly and he was there at Leeds to pick me up as always.

Must get back to bed as I fell asleep watching Coronation Street. I am always tired when I get back but here's to the next cruise which will almost certainly be with X and on Millennium or Century again. 14N on Millennium or 11 night on Century.

I tell you everyone on that ship knows me and I know them. Fantastic holiday all around and I have lots to say but will leave that to another day
Thanks for the private mailing re Ventura sounds like some good deals. Not sure I would be interested in doing P&O after so many years but it all depends on whats on offer at the time. June my friend definately will not cruise with P&O not sure why. Something to think about would I be as happy doing as early a T/A again and on my own. Made some fantastic friends but due to some health issues I had could have spoiled the holiday but X from the top down were magnificent! Have been talked into the possibility of the QM2.

Sue.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.