Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
It is a great time. We sailed Ft L to Barcelona leaving 15th May last year, and the weather was incredibly good at sea (and in ports).
thanks for your reply, as i have never cruised before was worried about rough seas and if the weather we be ok to sunbathe on deck?
Yes, sunbathing was perfect. Please forgive this intrusion, but I would not recommend a Transatlantic for a 1st cruise. We have now cruised 13 times and, in my opinion, it is better to try a "normal" cruise and see if you like it before committing to a T/A. For example, there are various options in the Med for 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 and 14 night cruises.
I agree with Graham on this. I love T/A's as I love the sea days and the Ship for me can be the destination. However I only did my first T/A about 5 years ago and since then I have done several BUT I still like to fit other cruises in around my travels.
Med, Baltic, Norway Canaries and NZ OZ. I have also travelled to and from Australia by Ship back in the 60's.
BUT watch out you may be well and truly bitten by the cruise BUG> BEWARE!

Sue
A TA can be a bit risky if you find you don't like cruise ships.

But for value for money you get two weeks amost for the price of one.

If this is your one holiday a year and it has to be perfect then thas a risk

If it is just another holiday then a great way to spend time on a ship without the distractions of ports.

Research the ship to make sure it will be right for you.
Thanks for all your help, think i have decided to do a Canaries cruise with RCI as my first try!
Good choice as the cost of these can be less expensive than the Med.

Sue
Make that a canaries cruise with P&O October 2011!!
Then hopefully a transatlantic if we like cruising.
Can I add a tiny word of caution for a first time cruiser? If you are thinking of doing your Canaries cruise from Southampton in October you may find some rough seas in the Bay of Biscay at that time of year. We did that cruise last year and it was a bit rough. Our first cruise was a fly/cruise from Venice to the Greek islands on RCI Splendour of the Seas. You would get a smoother sail in October and cruising out of Venice will get you hooked forever! Our cruise was September 2008 and we have done another 4 since then!
The Bay can be rough or smooth anytime of year

The Med can also be rough at times you might not expect there are a number of seasonal winds.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.