Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Have had 4 transatlantic crossings to NY on the QM2. She now docks in Brooklyn which is a good taxi ride into Manhattan but you will arrive early in the morning so no problem doing a show. An early rise if you want to see the Statue of Liberty but worth it.

A terrific ship you will love it, classy but not in the least bit stuffy

We just once booked the Todd English speciality restaurant very nice for a special occasion, but very night the Kings Court buffet has free alternative dining with waiter service do try this especially the chefs galley where you watch the chef cooking your meal you do have to book for these but there was no charge

Afternoon tea in the Queen's room is a must and lunch in the pub fish&chips/ steak pie great food. It also has a great library onboard

Sorry have never been to Toronto but you will love NY :tup
Many thanks Prindy. We can't wait. It looks like we'll have time to book a matinee on the Sunday which leaves Monday for sight seeing. I know some shows do Sunday perfs. We will definitely get up to see the Statue of Liberty! :)
We were wondering about taking the QM2 to New York and spending 3 or 4 nights there before flying back next July/August (has to be school holidays). Where are the best deals to be found for this type of holiday and what sort of price should I be expecting to pay? It will probably be outside of our budget :( .
dangerman,

been looking at this myself recently, and came accross a good offer in last saturday's telegrapgh.

take a peep at -

http://www.readeroffers.travel

:tup

Eifion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.