Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
For some reason I never saw your report earlier.
Love the story of the disco taxis :D Ten restaurants- so not really, really quiet. Pity the food wasn't the usual high standard. So do you think it was as small before the tsunami?
You may have noticed I am off to Siem Reap in the summer so would love to hear how you got on :D
Hi Fiona,

I think the food was of the usual standard, I just think it was the comparison with the food we had in Cambodia which was a fresh new cuisine for us, and tasted great. I was expecting it to be pretty much like Thai so was suprised by the differences. Yum.

The disco(showing my age) taxis were great but do think they would benefit from installing a foam making machine.

KKK's not the quietest resort we've been to, have been on quieter ones on Phuket and Krabi. However theres no way it can be described as lively.

The hotel we stayed in was due to officially open on 31st December 2004 but of course the tsunami hit just prior to this. It was possible to see a water mark just above the ceilings of the ground floor rooms and it was evident that the hotel had taken a big hit. KKK and Nam Khem were among the worst affected areas of Thailand when the tsunami hit. Found the excellent book Wave of Destruction by Erich Krauss which tells of events at Nam Khem and KKK during the tsunami, but decided to read it once we got home. A superb but harrowing read.

As for Siem Reap I must get down to writing a review if I can find my notes.
Know what you mean about reading once you got home. I recently watched a programme about people caught up in the tsunami and I found it really harrowing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.