Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi

We are going on the Islad Escape on the 26 March for 2 weeks and we have pre booked cabin 6041 just wondering if anyone on here has stayed in that cabin abd if it is ok

The only reason that I booked this one is looking at the deck plan that cabin is on it own not joined to any others so thought it may be less noisy.

2 weeks to go getting excited now!!
cabins on their own usualy have stuff around them just not other cabins.

The gaps in the deck plans are often crew areas

Lookng at IE deck plans my guess is the crew stairs/lifts and cabin stewards storage areas.
The cabin is alongside the passenger stairs.

http://www.virginholidayscruises.co.uk//a/i/decks/island/island-escape/diamond.gif
You can guarantee there won't be a gap when you board. It will be provided to allow access to the goods lift, rooms for linen storage etc etc
I went on this ship a couple years ago. We had a room which was on the 2nd or 3rd floor I believe, and it was very cramped for 3 of us. Restaurants got crowded as did the bars at night. Entertainment was good and the team were very friendly, but I don't feel there was enough variety. Drinks were expensive, as were the trips. Wouldn't really reccommend it. We loved seeing the sights in Rome and Italy but we wouldn't do it again. (Plus I suffered from dizziness the week after, but this was probably because of the bad weather we had.)
Hi There,

I'm looking at booking onto the Island Escape this summer and having a look at the cabin choices has confused me completely!

Online they offer you 1x Deck 6/7/8 Inside as their standard rate...but you can get 1xDeck 5/6 Inside for the same price if you wish. Having a look at the deck plans, cabins on deck 6/7/8 seem to be a different colour (meaning higher quality?).

Just wondering if anyone who has been on the Island Escape can let me know what the difference is, why it isn't more expensive (as you would think it would be) and what preferences people have.

Last year we got an upgrade to inside Deck 6 on the destiny, and although there was less of a walk to/from your cabin each day, it was exactly the same and we felt the ship move a LOT more up there and wished we'd stuck with the standard lower decks!

Would love to hear what people who have been on this ship think we should do.

Thanks!

Nat :cheers
There is no quality whatsoever on IE, the cabins are extremely shabby. Many, who have sailed Thomson, cannot believe that Thomson have put their "name" to this ship. Just a little warning before you book!!
Interesting you should say that hamrag as I have heard that a lot recently...however, due to our budget and only available dates for a holiday, the Island Escape is looking likely.

So there may not be much "quality" but is it better to be higher up the ship (deck 6/7/8) or lower down (5/6)?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.