Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We pre-booked a taxi so it was waiting for us at arrivals and then also picked us up again at the port for our return to the airport but unfortunately cant remember what the cost was. 24euro sticks in my mind but not sure whether that was total for whole return journey or just single.
When she arrives at the port it will be clearly marked for the Thomson cruise ships and if you can time it to arrive before the coachload from the airport do then you wont have as much of a queue. Check in is straightforward, anytime from mid-day onwards. You are all in the same queue whether you arrived independantly or not but I would still ask a Thomson rep first, its a bit confusing at the port as, from what I can remember you check in on the first floor but have to collect documents first from ground floor then go up the escalator.
On departure day at least she can stay on the ship as long as she wants before her flight departure - she will be given a coloured luggage label for independents the night before and her bags will just be waiting for collection when she leaves the ship.
Also dont lose your bearings when you arrive back after the cruise - sometimes they dont always dock at the same berth they sailed from at the start of the cruise so I waited in the wrong place for the taxi to collect us.
Thanks very much for the info , very much appreciated , we'll already be on-board , so i presume i'll be able to go down and meet her upon arrival at the port entrance ?? , she's only 18 and it's the very first time she's had to fly on her own and transfer on her own , so Mummy and Daddy (and daughter) are all very worried about it !!!
Yes once you have been registered you are free to go on and off the boat so you could meet her. If you wait at the port entrance there is some seating there.
If you pre book a taxi for Palma airport for her the driver will wait in arrivals with a sign held up, that might be better than getting in a taxi queue?
Mobile phones are useful for situations like this arent they.
Yep , A2B transfers are on 23.10 euros so i think that's probs the best bet for coming over and i'm sure she'll be able to pick up a taxi outside the port when she's due to return.

I know i sound over-protective but she is Daddies girl after all :D

Thanks very much for your help :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.