Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I'm after similar advice.

I've organised a DIY holiday for some friends and their son and need a transfer from the airport to the Hilton Sharks Bay.

Wondered if it's best to pre-book or just get a taxi when they arrive ?.....just a little worried as they ain't no hagglers and I don't want them taken for a "ride" :(
I'm not sure where the port is in Sharm , have you any idea Jim . The hilton do arrange for pickups if you email them. Meerkat used them recently and could give a better idea of price but a cab should cost you no more than £10 although the correct price should probably be nearer £5 . Unfortunately you will need to haggle and many will probably ask for up to £30 so you need your wits about you and agree a price before you get in . The hotels are all a short ride so armed with the knowledge of what you should be paying you will be fine .

If the port is close to the main tourist section of hotels jim again the cost shouldnt be much as you should be fairly close. The same advice would apply .
I think the port is near the Old Town so the prices are going to be a bit dearer than those to the hotels.

You can get a taxi at the airport however they will start off very expensive and you will have to haggle hard and get them down to about a 1/3 of their original asking price, unfortunately the airport taxis are much dearer than a local taxi from the resort hotel back to the airport.

When getting a taxi always haggle and agree the total price for everybody in Egyptian pounds (LE) before you get in.

It might work out cheaper to contact your hotel and see if they do any transfers, also take a look at http://www.lowcosttaxis.com/
Miss Chief -I organised taxi transfers direct with the Hilton Sharks Bay last June. Cost was $12, but note that taxis from the hotel will only take 2 - 3 passengers, so we required 2 taxis as a family of four. I didn't think this was a problem as it was so much better having friendly guys waiting at the airport rather than starting the haggling!!!
Brillaint news Meerkat :tup

My friends are only 2 adults & one child so one taxi is perfect.

Did you email the hotel to request the taxi via their website ?

When I went to the hotel last year I struggled to get a response via the website :think

Thanks again
Miss_Chief - I emailed reception direct, didn't go through the website - will go and check the details and post again for you. Replies to all my emails within a couple of hours.
Found it - reservations.sharmsharks@hilton.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.