Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi Louise ... while you wait for some feedback in this thread, you will find lots of other topics about Barcelona here in this forum, as well as the following one in our City Breaks forum which may provide you with some useful info too:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13916

David :wave
Thanks David will check those out.
Ryanair actually fly into Girona (GRO) which is approx 114km from Barcelona. That said there is a Barcelona bus from the airport to Barcelona.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci, that sounds quite a long way so good to know.

Louise
Jet 2 fly to the main airport

Lee
Thanks Lee, I will check them out.
Hi Louise -my daughter and her friend stayed in the Hotel Gran Torre Catalunya in June and said it was fantastic. I got them a deal through Thomas Cook city breaks which was very reasonable. Rooms were very large and comfortable, and it was easy to get to from the airport on the train.

It is not in the centre of the city, but was easy to get in and out on the metro. Very well priced for a 4 star hotel. They had a twin room - didn't bother with breakfast (19 year olds don't want to pay 12 euros!), large bathroom, two basins etc, and loads of space.
Thanks Meerkat that sounds perfect (although I think we would have breakfast!!). I'll check it out. Really hope my friends house sale goes through, as that's the decider on whether we can go!!

Thanks Louise
No problem - it seems to have a few different names, but will come up no problem on google search with any combination of the words in the title! There is also a spa area in the hotel but you have to pay for this - 6 euros I think. There is a supermarket close by - my daughter just bought stuff there and had it in the room: poor students!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.