Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi, we have stayed at the barcelo three times (2 ad, 2ch) however as my daughter is now 14 to go back to the hotel we will have to book two rooms. First choice seem to be the only operator that advertises connecting rooms, however they don't seem to have any available on any dates for next year!!. Can anyone confirm if the majority of rooms are connecting as we had a connecting room on our first visit without booking it, obviously the door was locked to the next room as we only booked one room.

I'm having real trouble trying to find an answer to this question, so any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Have a look on their own website http://www.barcelofuerteventura.com or you could email them: fuerteventura@barcelo.com :wink:
Hi, thanks for your reply....where do you normally stay in Caleta ?

I spoke to the hotel yesterday and they do have interconnecting rooms however they are on request only and cannot be booked as guaranteed!

I also went to FC shop and it seems they no longer do interconnecting rooms (as per brochure), however.....they were able to book 3 adults and 1 child(11) into one room on their instore system, but on the Fc website could only book 2 rooms, even the agent was confused and on phoning her head office all they could say was if the computer lets her book one room then it must be ok! I have been to the hotel a few times and 3 adults and 1 child would be a tight squueze, as they have one kingsize bed (huge) and a small double sofa bed. Even booking direct with barcelo hotels you can only book 2 ad 2ch (12 and under) in these rooms.

So very confused now :que

Think I may just book Elba Carlota instead as you can book family rooms. Ive seen the hotel and I have stayed that end of the resort at the Elba Sara a few years back so not bothered by the 10 minute stroll into town.....its just I like the Barcelo :think :rofl
tracytreacle1 wrote:
where do you normally stay in Caleta ?
I've been twice and stayed all-inclusive at the Caleta Dorada (up "Cardiac Hill") in 2007, and then self-catering at the Broncemar Beach this Easter. I love Caleta and would be happy to stay anywhere within the central area (not over near the golf course, or up "Cardiac Hill" again). The Broncemar Beach was in a fantastic location for us, would love to try the Barcelo but it's little expensive and I'd begrudge paying for AI or HB now I've discovered how much I enjoy the bars and restaurants in the resort centre.
Can anyone tell me how much it is to upgrade to AI when you're in the resort. I'm thinking of booking here for myself and my 9 year old but don't want to pay 2 Adult prices for AI if it's cheaper to book half board and then upgrade when there. Any help would be appreciated.

Michelle
hi...last stayed in May 2010 and it was 18 euros per adult and 9 euros per child 12 and under :)
Thanks very much for your help Tracy :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.