Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The weather in Gibraltar can be variable during the winter months. Due to the rock it can be misty and blowy. It is a bit of a lucky dip.

The beaches are not nearly as good as those up the costa del sol or around the coast at Tarifa but again the weather can be changeable at that time of year.

Having lived in Gib yes I thinkit is a nice place - certainly different yet familiar because of its connections to the UK. It is small and can be done in a couple of days. Good to walk across the border to Spain and vist La Linea where there are many good cheap tapas bars.

Hotels in Gib can be expensive. Check out The Elliot, The Bristol Hotel and The Rock Hotel. La Linea can also offer hotels with views across to the Rock of Gib.

For me, I would say the best time to go is late Spring time or in the height of the summer.

Nivsy
Gibraltar is a fantastic place anytime of the year..Hovever it is unpredictable at Christmas weather wize. Storms can kick in. but it never gets cold.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.