France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Good advice alsacienne. Do you want me to post you some petrol?
Oh WE'RE fine! No probs as Reichstett is still hard at work ......... and we can always sneak over the border to Germany ......... where I noticed the price for unleaded 95 is a whopping 4 cents more than in France per litre!!! ;)
I was watching the news last night and in the background I saw the price for petrol (if they had any) was 1.46! I think it was about 1.18 when we were over in the Summer. Is this the normal price or are the garages profitteering?
It's around 1.35€ a litre for 95 and 1.40 € for 98 ................ at least near me, BUT you might have seen a filling station that wasn't part of a supermarket where petrol is cheaper or in another part of France where the cost of living is different. I had a look in Germany when I was there this morning and it was 4-5 cents higher per litre for both grades. Now is THAT profiteering?? ;)
Mind you I didn't pay that as my car is diesel so we were paying around 1.09 per litre!
Prices increase/decrease daily in Germany often by as much as 8cents per litre. Last Thursday OH paid 1.19€ for diesel and 1.32€ for super petrol. Today it's 1.22€ and 1.38€. Prices are usually lowest on Tuesday and Wednesday. But as you said Alsa the petrol stations near the border have probably upped their prices purely to take advantage of the situation in France.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.