Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Paris CDG is also running out of fuel.
I've heard that reported on UK radio and TV, but the French media suggest that this isn't actually likely to happen ...
Alsa, do you (or anyone) know if it is just co-incidence that these "inaction" days are on a Tuesday?

Mmmmmmmmm I don't know if it's just coincidence that these strikes happening on Tuesdays, but it may be linked to parliamentary sessions and timetabling, rather like 'PM's question time' in the UK. If I can think of a good person to ask, I'll do so and report back.

Although it's not been so widely reported, there have been other strikes on the last two Saturdays, the point being that those who can't get 'time off' to protest, such as doctors, bankers, teachers etc are no longer working contractual hours and therefore can join the mob. Locally there have been more numerous protests on Saturdays than Tuesdays for this reason, and I expect matters to come to a head this week when the Senate votes on the pensions reform proposals and age of retirement.
Having spoken to local folk, I have been told that Tuesday and Thursday are the favourite days for strikes because Mondays might be taken up with people having long weekends, the children are off school on Wednesdays and Fridays might bet taken up with people working on RTT (reduced working hours that make the working week 35 hours long) which means they get a Friday off every couple of weeks or part of it to make the working pattern fit the 35 hours. That means the Unions can really apply pressure on Tuesdays and Thursdays!

There may be more truth in this than originally sounds plausible!

However, the pattern seems set to continue into November ....................... SIGH.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.