Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
May Half Term
60 Posts
Hi Blue.
Your only 3 mins from the strip and I've seen kids in some of those bars well after 12 O'clock.
Hi, Going to Bitacora in July, I have read that the restaurant has a dress code, can anyone tell me what this is ...I'm mainly thinking about what O/H would wear.
Thanks in advance.
A lot of hotels have a dress code for the evening meal. This is usually no shorts or cut off trousers for the men. Only long trousers. Many will accept Jeans though. Most ladies go casual but not shorts or swim costumes. Have noticed at other hotels that mornings are much more relaxed though. This is a lovely hotel. Hope you have a good time. :tup
just retun from a2 week stay in bitacora great hotel you must wear long trousers at night would recomend this hotel food was geat as was the entertianment
Thanks, that's really useful!

We are off to the Bitacora in 3 weeks and had wondered if other half could get away with 3/4 lengths or whether they had to be full length, so it helps to know for sure that only long will pass!

We are really excited, have heard so much good about the hotel :)
Kelly
:sun2
Just one question though....

We have booked through First choice half board.

Will the hotel still want to swipe our credit card on arrival?

I am a little worried about using CC's since a bad experience 2 years ago when we got home to find lots of charges had been added after our departure from a hotel in Spain. We got our money back after 3 months but it has left me a bit worried!

Thanks,

Kelly
Hi,

I have just got back from the Hotel Bitacora. You do have to wear long trousers in the evening.
It is a fantastic hotel. The reception staff are great and so are the restaurant staff.

There are games/activities on during the day and the animation staff are very friendly both with the kids and grownups.

This hotel has amixture of Families and also older people, most of which are repeat visitors.

Are you taking any children? If so I would recommend going to Siam Park which is about 10 minutes away by free coach across the road from the hotel. Try and take your own lunch though as the food is very expensive.

Have a nice time :sun2
Thanks Bluemoon,

Only 3 weeks to go now and cannot wait!
Yes we will have the children with us - 16,15 and 9 and will be going to Siam Park. We also plan to take a boat trip, go to Medievil night and the sound of musicals night so lots to keep us busy!
We have been to Tenerife before (not to the Bitacora) but not in peak season.

Did you have to swipe your CC on arrival (please see my previous post in this thread) and if you did were there any problems?

Many thanks for your help - holidays are the best!!

Kelly
Hi Kelly,

We've just got back from another visit to the Bitacora (early hrs this morning :cry ) and my advice to you would be to apply for a Spring VIP card when you get there, as you may be ready to use before you come home (I applied to late on our first visit and it was posted to me), as this allows you a 15% discount on any drinks or snacks etc bought in the hotel (any Spring hotel) and also a discount at certain shops around PDLM. I'm not sure if you can apply on line before you go so you could have it waiting for you when you arrive?? ;)

I've never had to swipe my credit card at this hotel until I have come to settle up at the end of each week.

This is a great hotel and one I would instantly reccomend to anyone going to PDLM.

Speaking to the staff there it is clear that PDLM has been very quiet this year, including this hotel as we witnessed when we arrived however it did start to get buissier towards the end of the week and they are busy for the next couple of months.

Hope you have a great holiday as I'm sure you will at this fantastic hotel.

Regards

Ezzigo :cheers
Hi Ezzigo,

Thanks so much for the response. We ordered a spring card online a few weeks ago and have received it safely - 15% discount will save us a few euros no doubt!!

We go two weeks on Tuesday and are so excited. We have been before but not to this hotel. I have heard only good about the hotel - just cannot wait to get there! :)
Glad you had a good time. Lots of forum posts have commented that the area is quieter than usual and that businesses there are struggling as they are here. Hopefully it will pick up again soon.

Take care,

Kelly :sun2
we ordered or spring card online the week we where going and was waiting at the hotel reception when we arrived great card for saving on food and drink you buy in hotel you can also use it in other spring hotels the bitacora is a great hotel
13 days and counting!

Thanks Willie :wave:
Just back today from a stay in Bitacora...

Hubby wore 3/4's to dinner with no problems and I saw others wearing them too. There is a notice that says no shorts or vest tops but nothing about 3/4's.

Excellent hotel and great food...enjoy your stay!!
Hi can anyone tell me, is the Bitacora suitable for teenagers or not, I've read reviews that it is more suited to couples or young family's.
We have booked for 1st 2 weeks of school holidays, we paid the extra for pool views etc,
its was a bit on the steep side as the children are classed as adults being 13 & 14 and they have there own room.
I'm thinking about trying to change the booking, but the hotel gets such good reviews ie! food, staff & location.
It would be awfull if there were no english speaking children around there age, hope I'm worrying over nothing, I've got everything crossed just now, thanks
Hi Holidayluva

We were at the Bitacora in July last year and met a few other families with teenagers, so I'm sure yours will be fine! We loved it so much we are going again this July - can't wait! The food is superb, and the staff couldn't be more helpful. The rooms are huge. The hotel is in the best part of PDLA, beside the safari shopping centre. I don't think you will be disappointed. Lots of people we met had been going for a few years, so that shows how good it is!

the young crew
Just another voice to say the Bitacora really is a fantastic hotel, one of the best in the resort (if not the best!). Food is great and there is plenty to do for people of all ages, with some activities in the hotel that might suit teenagers (they had shooting and archery last time I was there), and also stuff like Siam Park fairly close by.

We're going for the third time in a weeks' time and really don't have a bad thing to say about this hotel.

cheers

Warren
We are returning to the Bitacora for our second visit and are still debating if it would be worth asking for a superior room. Can anyone tell me what the extra cost is if I leave it until we arrive at the hotel? Is it always possible to upgrade?
We are really looking forward to another stay at a brilliant hotel.
Hello all , does anyone know the upgrade price for all inclusive at the Bittacora we are booked in half board Dec and were told you can upgrade on arrival

Thankyou in advance :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.