Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi, we are staying at Bitacora in early december, we haveny stayed there before but have been to PDC many times. We always go self catering because there are just so many lovely restaurants. If i remeber correctly these apartments are up quite a steep hill but only a short walk away from the centre.
Hi we have stayed in these apartments for the last 3 years and have had no problem whatsoever.
We also ask for an apartment in the main block overlooking the pool and have always gotten one.
The apartments are cleaned daily and have two ring hob, fridge, kettle and I think toaster (cant' remember now)!
Reception staff have always been helpful and it is 24 hours.

Downside is there is no entertainment there. There is two pools, small one for children, but the big pool is deep with no real shallow end. Bar by the pool doing drinks and snacks throughout the day.

We always eat out so no experience with half board.

Its about an 8 - 10 minute stroll down a hill (named cardiac hill) but isnt' really that bad. (will keep you fit)! this takes you to the beach and the bars and restaurants on the front. Some nice places for breakfast down there if you wish and the beach is great! Bars & restaurants are very accommodating for kids.

The Bitacora reception will get a taxi for you if you wish, (can also get bus timetables from here) which we had taking us to the old town and harbour in the evening, then we walked back after a lovely meal, stopping now and then for a drink!
We are going back here at the end of January for the 4th time. As I said, there is no entertainment here or anything for kids, but as a good central base and comfortable accommodation I think its an excellent choice.
cheers
jan
Hi, just wondered if anyone has visited these apartments as we are looking for somewhere fairly quiet but with eating places, shops and a bit of nightlife nearby if we want it :!: :!: Don't want a lot do we :? :?: Also wondered how far it was to the beach and is there anywhere for snorkelling?
Thanks
Tracy
Check out the reviews for these apartments HERE

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath,
Doesn't sound too bad, at least its clean which is the main thing, not too bothered how basic it is cos we normally eat out
Tracy
Bitacora is slightly better standard that many, so everything should be fine with the complex itself so long as you're not expecting 5 star luxury, and like you say it's best to eat out anyway and just snack and have a few drinks in the apt.
The complex is set up towards the back of town, about 300 meters from the main strip and beach, 300 mtrs to the Biosfera shopping center and 500 mtrs to the Old Town Harbour. There's a supermarket close by (maybe 2 ?), but you'll have to go to the strip or towards the Old Town for bars and restaurants, but it's only a short walk. Unfortunately though it's up quite a steep hill, so the walk back is a little more arduous. Once your at the strip or Old Town there's loads of choice of shops bars and restaurants. For more serious shopping the Biosfera has some decent shops including Mango, Zara, Footlocker, Timberland, Benneton, Body Shop etc (apparently !).
For as more lively late night out, go to Centro Atlantico on the strip (down to strip, turn left and it's 350mtrs on your left.
For snorkeling you should go to Playa Chica which is just between the Strip and Old town, go past the Biosfera towards the Old Town and turn first left then bear left (Calle Bajamar) again at the bottom.

Here's a map of PDC (zoom in towards the left, and search for streetnames), Bitacora is on the corner of Calle Guanapay and Calle Princess Ico.

http://www.freedom4sale.com/lanzarote/local_info/carmen.pdf

Cheers - Ole 8)
Ole your link doesn't work !

I got to it via the main Freedom website....it could be because it's a PDF file ?
cheers ole
lots of useful info,no not expecting 5* so long as it is clean we're happy.
Have also tried the link but not managed as yet.
Think it will be 3 adults going cos daughter will be nearly 19 and won't want a family holiday anymore,so entertainment not really a problem and the 2 fellas are boring old #.,"s and won't want to stay out too late :!: :!:
Tracy
Uuuuummmmmmmmm

Yes, the link probably doesn't work because you haven't got the adobe PDF software. Does your browser not prompt you to download the software when you try to open the file ? I would expect it to. :?
If not then you should be able to google for it and download, it's worth doing in any case, not just for this map.
Cheers - Ole
Ole I have the latest version of PDF and it still wont download your link :?:
:?

Oooohhh Eckk

Sorry, don't know why, it works for me. What error does it give ?

Ole
Success at last !!!!

It would seem it was the Freedom website that was having probs :roll:
bex the apartments are fine but can i advise you not to take the half board option as you will almost certainly be dissapointed with the food.
Yes, good call Trev.

We got a deal once and so stayed there h/b, but I think only ate one evening meal there.
The food was Ok enough but you'd be disappointed if you got it in a restaurant I think.
And there's so many restaurants to choose from and it's a shame to eat in the same one every night of your hols.

Cheers - Ole
hi there, anybody been to Bitacora apartments in P D Carmen? we are thinking of going there this christmas and would appreciate any views on what we could expect there at that time of year. Many thanks. :) :) :clap
I'm stopping at these apartments on monday for 2 weeks so ill come back and let you know what there like....hope there nice? all the other replys seem to be from a couple of years ago so things might have changed since then, either for the good or bad lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.