Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
you have probably used expedia as well?
Welcome to HT by the way and just ask away!
Try http://www.trailfinders.com. Always better to speak to them. Also if you take a hotel for one night the price is always cheaper with some flights mainly thai which is direct. You do not need to use the hotel so ask for cheapest one. Also look at malaysian airlines via KL. They connect to Phuket not sure if anywhere else in Thailand.
Try westeasttravel.com. By the way, Etihad is excellent, still fairly new airline and I think they try a bit harder, but you will have a stop in Abu Dhabi so suppose it depends on whether you want direct or not.
Etihad's Ok....on the flights I was on there were not so many passengers on so there was room to move about a lot and avoid the old DVT. There service levels were OK but not not as good as the Far eastern airlines I have been on...the food was good though. Abu Dhabi airport leaves a lot to be desired...you don't want to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Flew with Etihad from H/r to Bangkok last year , nice new planes , the service was good, but not as good as the Far Eat airlines. We had a couple of hours change of flight in Abu Dhabi and it's a pretty small place when compared to Dubai or Bharain. Our flight from H/row was half empty and after an hour in Abu Dhabi they announced "technical problems" on the Bangkok flight. After another three hours we were all changed on to a Gulf Air flight on route from Kuwait to K.L. via Bangkok, it was packed, the plane was pretty old, and the inservice food and drink was dire. Gulf have some sort of tie in with Etihad and as there was only about forty or so of us joined at Abu Dhabi I suspect it was administrative rather than technical that cancelled the flight The return journey however was uneventfull Hope this helps Alan
Another plus for Etihad was the 30kg baggage allowance in economy...made packing a doddle when coming back
Thanks for all the replies, i'll make sure to check out the various sites mentioned. 8)
I've spent hours and hours searching and the cheapest tickets i've found so far are £494 with Turkish Airlines booked through Dialaflight, is this about the kind of price I should be expected to pay.

Is it worth taking the risk and holding out for last minute tickets as I see current last minute tickets being sold at around £330...what are the chances or getting last minute tickets for an august departure?
Ooooh, decisions, decisions. Personally I would wait as it is low season for Thailand, BUT it is peak holiday period for Europeans. Only you can decide :lol:
Hi you got a good deal there for August, could you give me the website that you got price on Ethihad from Manchester to Bangkok. Thanks.
hI Patchrisa,

The post you refer too was 5 years ago in 2006..May be better to start your own topic about cheap flights.

Regards

Van :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.