Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
travel Documents
19 Posts
sleeps wrote:
just booked our flights to Bulgaria for the summer, I have just received a e/mail saying I need Passport/id card for Bulgaria, I no I need a Passport but what is this about id card?.

Just a valid passport is required, as per Glynis's post.

In EU law, inter-state (i.e. EU member states) travel by EU citizens is permitted with either a valid passport or national ID card however, since the UK has no national ID card, you'll need to present a valid passport.

Baldur
Hi Guys.

just read the posts we have booked our flights for summer with Balkan and their website says that for this year they now want advance passenger info this year inc Bulgaria.
:D
mondeo wrote:
just read the posts we have booked our flights for summer with Balkan and their website says that for this year they now want advance passenger info this year inc Bulgaria.

They've probably just been made aware that the EU directive requiring the provision of API applies to all countries and carriers.

I completed the API section when I booked my Spring & Summer flights for this year - not with BH Air.

Baldur
Thanks Guys, for the info much appreciated :)

Regards,

sleeps.
I booked our holiday last week and was not told about any of this when we booked We booked through Balkans as we always do Not had any word from them either about this :que June
june52 wrote:
I booked our holiday last week and was not told about any of this when we booked We booked through Balkans as we always do Not had any word from them either about this :que

Hi June,

As Mondeo posted, it's shown on the BH website HERE and can be completed online via the "Add API >>" link on that page, which is located just above the note quoted below in the section headed "How Can I Submit My Advanced Passenger Information?":

*Note: We do require the API for people travelling in Summer 11 and Winter 10/11 for all our destinations including Bulgaria.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur for the link June
I also booked from my travel agent. Can I fill out the API with them when I go and make my next payment. Nothing was said to me when I put down my deposit. :que

Roger.
cornish lad wrote:
I also booked from my travel agent. Can I fill out the API with them when I go and make my next payment. Nothing was said to me when I put down my deposit.

Hi Roger,

There is a facility, on the link that I posted above, for travel agents to access BH's online administration, so it should be possible.

If you already have your booking reference, you should be able to complete the API yourself via the link that I gave above.

Baldur
Thanks for the Info Baldur.

Roger.
I tried posting my API but keeps coming back invalid :whoops June
june52 wrote:
I tried posting my API but keeps coming back invalid :whoops June

I've successfully submitted API for 3 upcoming flights this year but not with BH (Wizz Air x2 & BA) - probably best to give them a call and tell them what's happening.

Baldur
Hi June.

if you are having problems puting the information on to balkans site you could try going into their website and then using the manage my booking section you can then submit API failing this you will need to take your passport's to the travel agent and ask them to do it for you this may be happening if you booked through travel agent . :sun2 :sun2
Thanks mondeo and Baldur Thats it done :sun2 June
Glad to hear that it's sorted, June.

Baldur
Hi All,
Just been to the travel agents with my payment,and they will do the API for me on my next visit free of charge. If anyone else is thinking of doing the same ensure you take your passports with you.

Roger. :cheers
cornish lad wrote:
Just been to the travel agents with my payment,and they will do the API for me on my next visit free of charge. If anyone else is thinking of doing the same ensure you take your passports with you.

Hi Roger,

Glad to hear that the travel agent will do the necessary for you.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.