Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
If you have a look on the train website, there seems to be a pretty frequent service between Calella and Barcelona Sants station. It's only about 60km and the train takes about an hour.

http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/index.html

We used the train when we were in Catalonia last year, easy way to get around and quite cheap.
hi, i forgot i had this link
which will give you almost all the info you need on barcelona.
i take it that it was you i pm'd earlier today.
We've been to Barcelona from Calella twice now and it was easy enough. Trains ran regularly I seem to remember us being told to get off the train at an earlier stop as it put you more or less in the centre of Barcelona. Hopefully someone on here may know the name of the station :tup
the name of stop is placa de catalunya, in calella you have to go under rail line to platform, but they did not make it to clear which platform was which.
the cost last year was 5 80 euro pp,on way home barca train station very busy and hot,but easy.
we are going to calella in june,and we all ways go to barca,we have been for 6 years and find something new to see every time
angelica
There is the Hop On Hop Off bus which has 3 routes and covers all the main attractions. IIRC Sagrada Familia is sort of on its own with nothing else of interest nearby. The HOHO bus stopped at that stop for a few minutes so people could get off to take photos and get back on without waiting for the next one. However you can go inside if you want.

After we had found our bearings on our first visit, we just used the Metro on subsequent visits to get to specific places.

There is a cafe at the top of El Corte Ingles which has great views over the city.

luci :wave
The Placa De cataluny is right at the top end of the Ramblas so easy to walk down the Hill to the port. Watch out for pickpockets! Take in the beautiful Gothic cathedral on the left as you go down the Ramblas.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.