Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
You definitely need to try the South either Jandia or Costa Calma the hotels there are aimed at the German market and tend to be better. Haven't stayed at any of the Barcelo hotels but can recommend the Fuerteventura Princess.
The area is ideal for a chill out as it is away from the resort centre. The Barcelo's are in the resort.
For more info check out my website below
Thanks for that - the Jandia Resort might be a good choice.

When in a new area I try a quick recce visit of a few local hotels - didn't manage that in Corralejo, the general consensus being that the hotel we were in was the best around.
Macalloa,

We have been to Fuerteventura 6 times, and 5 times of these have been at the Barcelo Hotels.

In 2003, 2006, 2007 we stayed at the Barcelo Club El Castillo Now Called The Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort

we went self catering and we loved it.

In 2008 we stayed at the Barcelo Thalasso Spa.

This is a more higher class hotel than the Barcelo Castillo, and we were half-board this time. This hotel is extremely nice, but the pool was being done up when we were here, so we used the Castillo pool.

In 2009 we stayed at the Castillo San Jorge - Never!

In 2010 we stayed at the Barcelo Jandia Resort, however we were based in the Mar. The food is a bit repetitive here but it is always good! The drinks are on tap and they are great. There are many pools to choose from however there is awful evening entertainment, but we just like to chill in the balcony. The Playa seemed a good hotel, but this was more foreign guests, which i dont mind, as there seemed to be a higher standard here. However we liked it in the Mar so much we have booked to go again this year.

Hope this helped you.

If you need any more questions feel free to ask me!
macalloa

I have stayed at the barcelo jandia mar aprox 4 years ago. It was an excellent hotel beautifully mantained rooms that were very clean and furnished to a good standard. The food was excellent. The jandia playa was a seperate hotel when we went altho the playa is infront of the mar. Jandia is fairly quiet but a fab place to go if you dont like the hustle and bustle of larger resorts. The beach is white sand and turquoise seas. Its a downhill walk to the beach which took us 20 mins if my memory serves me correctly. Im sorry i cant offer you more up to date information altho i went to the north of fuerteventura last year which was also very nice but if i had to choose Jandia would certainly get my vote (by the way when i went to jandia i was in my early 30's) :cheers

Hope that helps you.

lilyflipflop.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.