Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren,

Still waiting for the IFE to be updated for March/April though.
songbid wrote:
Still waiting for the IFE to be updated for March/April though.

We haven't got it yet!

Darren
Hi Darren,

We've booked to go to Cancun from Gatwick on 27th October on flight number TOM092 returning on 6th November TOM067. Would you be able to inform us of whether this will be an ex first choice 767 or thomson one please?

Also in premium economy are there any differences between the two, apart from the 1" difference in leg room?

Thanks
Nicola.
nicochick,

It's too early to know the specific aircraft assigned to your flight as yet. It's normally an ex-FCA 76W. I'll know more from May. There are slight differences in the premium cabins other than the 1" extra seat pitch on the ex-TOM and the size of the cabin (63 seats onthe ex-FCA, 31 on ex-TOM). The tray tables are in the ususual position mounted on the seat backs on the ex-TOM but on the ex-FCA, they are located in the arm rests and fold out. Arm rest are therefore fixed on the ex-FCA. There's mood lighting on the ex-FCA, although I'm not a fan of the purple glow. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Darren
Longhaul IFE for March / April 2013 (* denotes premium movies, £5 upgrade per seat in economy)

Outbound Movies:
Skyfall *
Argo *
The Twilight Saga : Breaking Dawn Pt.2 *
Rise of the Guardians
Life of Pi
Yes Man
Life as we Know It
Dr. Seuss’s Horton Hears a Who

Inbound Movies:
Killing Them Softly *
Cloud Atlas *
The Sessions*
Wreck – It Ralph
Hitchcock
Music and Lyrics
Marley & Me
Fantastic Mr. Fox

A slight change from previous IFE, there are additional movies available via premium upgrade on both the outbound and inbound sectors (£5 upgrade per seat in economy);
Rock of Ages
The Watch
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Thunderstruck

Games:
Disney Channel Games
Bejeweled
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
In-flight Hold-em Poker
In-flight Sodoku
In-flight Tournament Golf

Tv channels
A wide range of programmes are available, for example; Episodes, Mike & Molly, Torchwood, Mobil 1: The Grid, Engineering Connections, Globe Trekker, Gordon's Great Escape, Wimbledon Classic Maches, Tracey Beaker Returns, The Bih Planet, and many more.

Music
A selection of albums are available under the following genres, Fast Track, Indie, Judge Jules, Smooth Vibes, Classical, Take it Easy, Jazz Moods, Legends, Kidzone and Classic Rock.

Short / Medium Haul IFE

Short and medium haul flights no longer offer mainscreen IFE. PSP's pre-loaded with movies and games are available for hire onboard at £7.50 on the longer sectors. Refer to Thomson Airways inflight magazine (page 3) for more details.

Darren
Many thanks for the update, Darren.
Hi Darren as always thank you in advance for your excellent service and replies ,could you please let me know what planes is for following flight number thanks again Thomson Airways TOM408
flash7650,

I don't have the full summer 11 flight schedule as yet, I should get it at the end of this month so can confirm things then. LGW-DLM-LGW (TOM408/9) are normally a Boeing 767-304/ER (winglets / short haul).

Darren
Sorry Darren its to Dalaman 11th july

Thank Darren
flash7650 wrote:
Sorry Darren its to Dalaman 11th july

You beat me to it! I looked through your posts and saw where you were stopping and when.

Darren
We are flying out to Tenerife on Friday TOM 6554 we pick up our tickets in the airport. My email confirmation states the flight goes at 10.30am but when looking at Thomsons site at our package it said leaving at 10am. Is there a way I can find out without ringing them. I know there's only half hour difference, but that's an extra half hour in bed maybe. Thanks.
Marlou,

Your flight is showing as departing Cardiff at 10:30.

Darren
I am looking to book a flight only to Cancun and haven't done a flight only before, is there anything I should be aware of before I book. Any pit falls of flight only. Cheers
Just a bit of information for those out there that are travelling to Cape Verde, Boa Vista.
Thomson are changing their flight day to Boa Vista from Thursdays to Wednesdays so for the unlucky holidaymakers who are thinking they are getting 14 nights they will actually get 13 nights on the transition period... I think its a changeover from summer to winter schedules... oh the date is 3rd November 2011.

If I am wrong then my apologies. :que
Hi can anyone tell me which aircraft will operate the flight from East Midlands to Dalaman on the morning of 11/07/11 please?
I can't remember the flight number.

Thank you in advence, sparky123.
Hi Guys, a couple of years since I have visited the site. Out bound from Newcastle to Cancun on 270511 on TOM0392, anyone know the aircraft type and seating plan please ?

Cheers

Plod :sun2
Hi , can anyone tell me what I should expect on board thomson flight from Manchester to larnaca in terms of entertainment and food options . We fly on sunday 10th april at 14.35 and are travelling with two children aged 8 &6 who are keen to know if there will be a film etc shown - questions are where are the tv screens located ( if any ) , do you need headphones and can I take our own? We have prebooked seats in row 30 to be sat together but we have not booked meals - what sorts of things food wise will we be able to buy onboard ( sorry for all the questions , havent flown for several years !! )

Many thanks for any tips XX :que
b4ley78,

Your flight is scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 737-800(winglets) Aircraft. Inflight Entertainment is proveded by drop down screens above the seats which are located at roughly every 5 rows.

Normally it would be some BBC repeats or a film if time permits. You need headphone in order to be able to listen to the audio. These can be purchased on the aircraft or you can take your own. Aircraft are normally twin pin headphones so you would need an adaptor, such as this from Maplin.

Food that would be available would be typically snack type things that most airlines would serve.

Gower
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.