Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hat's off to the pilot and crew that was onboard TOM6555 on March the 18th. We were due to fly home to Cardiff on the 18th from Tenerife at 18.40pm. We were in the airport for 11 hours due to the first plane having a fault on their doors. It ended up delaying them leaving. They couldn't fix the doors so had to organize another plane. The crew had also gone over their hours so they had to change pilot and crew. They called these in from their days off to "rescue" us.
During their flight they flew into a flock of birds, on doing the safety checks, they found no fault so continued on their journey to us. On arrival in Tenerife it was noted that there was a very large dent on the plane's nose. They took photos of it and sent it off to their engineers. We could see all this happening from the gate we were waiting on. After studying the photos they decided that the plane couldn't be flown. There was no part for there, so they had to get a part from the UK flown in the next day. None of this was the pilots/crews fault and to be honest if the plane was deemed unfit to fly then I wanted to stay on the ground. The pilot came off the plane and came to explain to the 200 of us waiting what was happening (fair play to him). What I couldn't believe was the abuse that people were hurling at this poor man, they too were now stuck in Tenerife. Not one person thanked them for coming to try and rescue us. The flock of birds and the plane's damage was unavoidable.
I made hubby put his hand up to thank the pilot and crew for trying to help us (I was too shy and would have gotten flustered). Hubby just said that many of us there appreciated their efforts to try and help us on their days off. You could see on their faces that they were happy about this, considering most of the others were just abusing them.
After a delay of 30 hours and 19 minutes we eventually made it home.
What was absolutely dreadful was that we'd been there for 10 hours straight, and on the 11the hour when the pilot came to speak to us, was the first information we were given. All that time in the airport there was nobody there to give us information, and not one announcement was made. The pilot himself was also cross about this. Had more information been given throughout the delay then more people would have been calmed down.
So thank you to the pilot and crew on that particular Thomson airways flight. I give no thanks to the airport staff as they were nowhere to be seen or heard.
I am flying on TOM104 MAN-CUN on 12th May 2011 and have booked extra leg room seats.
We have booked seats 20 E, F, G im wanting to know if these are full exit seats with no obstructions?

The seating plan on the flightextras part of Thomson is not very clear as it does not show bulkheads, toilets etc etc

can anyone help??
(or advise me where I can get a decent seating plan for that aircraft)

Thanks
:) Darren. Have just booked a flight from Gatwick to Heraklion, 9-19th June 2011. Flight TOM 4470/TOM4707.
The usual question, what aircraft is it likely to be please.
Thanks so much ;)
Sue
Hi Dareen

Just a query about our flight Man to Paphos. TOM2336 and TOM2337.

Just booked seats and they said it was a 757.Does tnis mean it has or doesn't have seat back entertainment?

last year we flew on 767 on same flights and it did have but this seems to be a smaller aircraft

Thanks in anticipation
We're flying to Malta on the following flights:

TOM2216 & TOM2217

Any news on the legroom quality and plane information, as we've got extra leg room seats. can't recall the seat numbers at the moment though - sorry!

:)
Malchester
757's don't have seat back entertainment.
I have just book the business lounge for my return Thomson flight from Cancun to Manchester in September, the airport website says Thomson use Terminal 3 but my confirmation has come back with Terminal 2.

I can't remember which terminal I used last time, can anyone confirm which terminal the Thomson flights depart from.
Hello
not sure if i'm doing this correctly so apologies if i'm in the wrong place!
I am flying BHX-CAN 12thApr/19th Apr respectively on TOM 568/569 and wondered if you could give me some info on which plane i am on as I can't make sense of the seat plan.Could you tell me the seating config for these flights,are they 328 seats or 293? I have allocated 22G/H out and 28G/H return,are they ok?
Also I'd like to know if these flights make a refuelling stop in Manchester.

Thankyou
  • Edited by nutmeg1 2011-03-25 21:51:53
We travelled with first choice, to Aruba last July, and paid £170 each to upgrade our flight to the premium cabin. We're heading back this September, and were hoping to do the same. I have just enquired about upgrading, and been told that it's going to cost £270 each!! This seems a massive jump from last year. Has anyone upgraded on this flight for less? Anyone got any idea how much I can expect to knock them down to? I think £540 for the 2 of us is far too much for a slightly bigger seat and free drinks. Especially as coming home last time, we were taken to one side at Aruba airport and told that the plane we were going to be on didn't have a premium cabin. We got a partial refund, but I'd hate to fork out that much and have the same thing happen again.
Part of the reason for the jump is due to the tax increase since last year, The government have added £80 since you last travelled with Thomson Airways therefore if they kept the price the same Thomson would receive only £90 for the product/service. I don't think you'll be able to barter the people you'll be negotiating with don't have the authority to alter the prices.
They can price match against a competitor, however there are no comparable flights to do this. They may be able to "throw something in" like airport parking/discount on car hire/insurance... but it wont be any where near £200 discount.

They may come down nearer the time, if you ring the call centre, try two weeks before, but i've never known Aruba to be less than jam packed up front.
Re premium upgrades - I booked Newcastle to Cancun on ThomsonFly last june to go this May and paid £280 for premiums. They have now gone down to £200 !! I have tried to get the amount adjusted by them when I paid the balance but they werent having it ! So I think its 'swings and roundabouts', you take the price you pay ! :(
We travelled with first choice, to Aruba last July, and paid £170 each to upgrade our flight to the premium cabin. We're heading back this September, and were hoping to do the same. I have just enquired about upgrading, and been told that it's going to cost £270 each!! This seems a massive jump from last year. Has anyone upgraded on this flight for less? Anyone got any idea how much I can expect to knock them down to? I think £540 for the 2 of us is far too much for a slightly bigger seat and free drinks. Especially as coming home last time, we were taken to one side at Aruba airport and told that the plane we were going to be on didn't have a premium cabin. We got a partial refund, but I'd hate to fork out that much and have the same thing happen again

wally07,

I Booked our flight to Cancun in September 2010 to travel in June2011, the cost of the Premium Seats were £280.00 then, I choose not to book them as it was a lot of money for two adults and two kids. However I upgraged last week and paid £180.00 extra per seat, therfore a a saving of £400.00. I would wait until closer the flight and try again. It is easy to keep and eye out with the internet.
I understand this cost increase is due to air passenger duty being levied for premium travel at a higher rate than economy, being taxed as business class tax rates, which the airlines are contesting.
Al
We paid £1080 for 4 people upgrading to Premium flying to Aruba this May. This was booked back in December.

I just checked today, and the upgrade cost for the same flight has gone up to £1196, an increase from £270 to £299 per person.

Mark :)
Hi,
i am flying on june 21st NCL-AYT-NCL flight TOM850/851.
Would anyone know the aircraft registration, i have been told its a 757-200
Grahamy,

It's far too soon to know the assigned registration, TOM won't know yet! Aircraft are rotated regular for maintenance and operational reasons. If you ask closer to the time, we can give you an idea of what to expect. It makes little difference in any case, they're pretty much all the same other than the seat design.

Darren
cheers Darren,
I thought it was a long shot. Do you know how many Thomson aircraft are based at NCL these days
Hi there, do you know what aircraft type is planned to operate,

08-May-2011 Manchester - Enfidha
(TOM682)

15-May-2011 Enfidha - Manchester
(TOM683)

Many thanks
Hello,
Sorry if I am looking in the wrong place it's been about a year since I've last been on the site. I am looking to prebook my seats for my flight from Newcastle to Punta Cana, 11th June. I am wondering what the plane layout will be. I should be able to book these from tomorrow so would like to plane which seats are best for us.
Thanks in advance
Emily
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.