Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Just take the quickest East coast route. Left from Airport following signs for Faliaiki & Lindos. The road works have moved on in the past few weeks. So Its dual carriage way from the airport to Afandou.No problems
Thank you tpebop. Looking at the map that'll be from the airport through Pastida to the dual carriageway? It looks obvious on the map but because this will be late in the evening I'd rather be certain, especially when you're up on local traffic etc.

Thank you.
Hi ANYUSERNAME,
You don't actually go into Pastida, the bypass takes you past the village. Just follow the signs for Faliraki/Lindos as mentioned, the road cuts right across the island to Faliraki and onto the main East coast road. Then just stay on this road all the way to Lindos.
To Marcus & anyone with a sense of adventure
There is another way.
Near the Bee Museum [ after Pastida ] there is an unsigned turning on your right.Once on this you pass an army barracks.This road will take you to Village of Kalithies.From there, you can take the Psinthos Road but Before reaching Psinthos turn off for Afandou & there join the Rhodes Lindos Road.You can continue to Psinthos & Archipoli & onto Kolymbia . To join Rhodes Lindos road there.
Thanks guys. Looking at google earth I realised the road bypassed the village and looks very straight forward. Thank you for the help which has helped me no end in deciding to take the road straight across to the dual carriageway and down the East coast. A more scenic route would have been great in the day but late evening I'll just want to get to the hotel and crash out. I'll more than likely drive the short cut whilst on the island though.

Looking forward to this. June 2nd-16th.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.