Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Sorry !!! - Just realised that there is a specific Rhodes board so will repost there.

xx
Hi everyone - just booked half board at the Atrium Palace for May - (is it nice??)

Just wondered how difficult its going to be to get a taxi from the airport to hotel as our deal doesnt include transfers.

We are due to arrive at 9.10pm.

Its years since I was in Rhodes so dont know if there are taxis around at that time.

Also any idea on cost?

Just started to panic that we wont be able to get to hotel - but I guess worst case scenario we could hire a car????

(You can tell I dont do this very often )

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks Kizzie xx
There are always plenty of taxis at the airport----day and night. Have a lovely holiday, the Atrium Palace looks lovely
Hey Kizzie
Can't comment on the accommodation but can tell you that a taxi will cost you around 35-40 euros each way.
Don't worry there's always plenty of taxis waiting just outside arrivals :D
Hi
Also left a reply on your Greece post but as Anne says always plenty of taxis available just outside arrivals. It will cost around 35 euros each way.
Thankyou soo much for replying so quickly!!

We are going last week of May - does anyone know what weather is likely to be.

(last time I went to Rhodes was years ago - In october weather was lovely.)

Kizziex
Hopefully (as I am also going to be there mid to end of May) it will be glorious weather. Not too hot but well into the 80's. The sea should have started to warm up by then too. Enjoy.
Not only following you around the forum i'm following you to Rhodes Anne :lol: !
I also go mid May to end so another one with fingers crossed :gluck . To be fair though Kizzie i always visit in May and generally have v good weather, not CRAZY heat but nice and warm as a rule.
Hope you have a good holiday Marcus. I'm sooo looking forward to it. Staying with friends just outside Koskinou.They have a bar in Bar st. Are you going to Lindos? I'm sure the weather will be glorious for all of us!
Yes off to Lindos again, boring i know but i know so many people there now i couldn't think of going anywhere else :D .
Is that the Bar St in Faliraki or Rhodes Town? I know a few of the bars on both from my Repping/Bar Crawl days, long time ago now :roll: .
Anyway you have a good one too - i'm sure we all will.
It's Bar St. in town. Pete's Pub actually, one of the first bars in the street when they opened 26 years ago. The street has changed somewhat since then!!
I do know it though i think i've only been the once. I imagine the street has changed a bit in 26 years!
It's changed in the 12 years since i first went down there - i can remember then it was split between Orfandinou and Top Street where you had Kool Katz, 60s Bar, Underground nightclub, etc. It seems that Orfandinou is THE street now and many of the bars up top closed down.
The 60's bar is still going but that end of town is more for Greek fast food most of the night rather than bars nowadays.Orfanidou St. is lunatic now, especially in July/August. More peaceful in May and October when I go-----thankfully!
Hi,

Stayed at Atrium Palace in the Villas with private pools last May (for our wedding).

In terms of travel, it will take not very long in a taxi (unfortunately I'm not very sure of the cost), less than an hour I'd think.

In terms of the hotel, I'm assuming you may have elected to go for one of the standard rooms, so I can't really comment on them.

The hotel has nice eating facilities and in the end we had our reception at the Asterias situated near the beach. The restaurant is georgeous and especially at night and found the food very nice. This won't be included in your H/B I'm pretty sure. So it is on the expensive side, although I'm sure it would be worth it for a nice little night there.

The hotel was rather quiet when we where there and was mostly by the sounds of it populated by German/Dutch.

Lindos is only a short taxi ride away, think around 4-6 Euros if memory serves me right.

I'd go back to it in a flash, didn't get the full use of our pool due to going to see friends and family during our stay and organising the wedding. Would like to do it again in a more quieter holiday.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

FD
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.