Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Atrium Palace is nice, the Suites (with pools) are great. There are two types and I am not sure which you have booked so suffice to say one is bigger than the other :lol:

The Hotel is on the beach and it is in a quiet location. There are loads of facilities 'on-site' including a fully equipped gym, sauna, massage and other 'pampering' facilities.

A car journey from the airport will take you approximately 45 minutes, head for lindos and stop just before you get there :D You will see the lights of Atrium Palace from the main road if it is dark and the turning has a big sign by it so you can't miss it.

A taxi to Lindos should not cost more than 10 euro from reception. (they phone the rank in Lindos to order the taxi) If you are lucky enough to pick one up outside then it may be a little cheaper. Pefkos will cost a few euro more. but it's not that far. A taxi from Lindos to Pefkos costs about 6 euro.

sub

sub
Thanks that's great. :wink:

FD
my brother wants to go here in june - what's it like?

what's the area like?
Very nice indeed. I was very impressed with the place, we stayed in the Deluxe Villas with our own Pool which was very nice. Rooms very spacious and the little gimicky things they did where very nice, they even made funny little designs with our nightwear. :lol:

Has 3 restaurants all which are lovely, The Asterias (where we had our Wedding Reception) is simply stunning, with a lovely little lighted pool area (non-swimming) and lovely pillared design and a view onto the sea. The food was also georgeous, albeit expensive, although not overly, not much more than over home.

So much to take in and tbh because we where running around silly for our wedding never managed to take in the whole range of facilities there.

Travel to Lindos is around 10 Euros if you ask at the desk, our return journey from the main Lindos Centre rank was 6 Euros.

Any more help, just ask.

FD
Hi, i don't know if you are still avaliabe to answer any questions.

I am getting married at the Atrium Palace in May this year and we having our reception in the same restaurant. If you have any information or advice i would be very greatful.

Thanks Claire :)
Where are you intending to have the reception, what restuarant/area?

Do you have anyone coming over?

Have you contacted the hotel, they are very very helpful.

We had our wedding at the Asterias Restuarant (which was just opened before our wedding) and have to say it was stunning. We where intending to have it in the Atrium Terrace which was in nice little gardens, but as soon as we saw the Asterias (where we had dinner one night) that was it.

Ask away if you need other info, if you want I'll try and look out some pics of the restaurant (and hotel etc if you need). :D

FD
Some of our party are staying at the Atrium. I am looking into ideas where to have our meal/reception. The Atrium would be one of the options.

What is the evening entertainment like? As it looks we will be with only about 20 people. It would be nice to make use of the already provided entertainment. Is this a common thing to do?

Thanks!

H.
We are in contact with the hotel and are arranging our entire day through their wedding coordinator. We are having our reception at the Asterias restaurant. If you have some photos i would love to see them. Its 17 days now till we fly!

Thanks

Claire :D
Hewy,

If you contact the hotel direct you can ask them about this.

We had our wedding on the Monday, which was a greek night too, however due to unforseen problems with the boat we arrived back later than expected and missed that and the disco. :(

You can hire the disco for the Asterias (well you could last year), but decided just to go for meal and get involved in the greek night and disco, but as I said we where late for that.

I can't confirm how busy the entertainment nights are as we never participated in any due to being mainly out the hotel during night for meet-ups with the family. The Asterias is a beautiful setting though, although there are many places in Lindos themselves that look fantastic too and obviously it is very central to more entertainment venues should you wish to hop around. :lol:

FD
Claire,

Sorry, I don't know how many I have to hand, but here are just a few that I have found.

Also, the hotel website does show some pics also:-

http://www.atrium.gr/english/welcome.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fd1972uk/Miscellaneous/HY1S1030.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fd1972uk/Miscellaneous/HY1S1029.jpg

Anymore questions, ask away. If I come across any more pics, I'll try and upload for you. :wink:

FD[/img]
  • Edited by fd1972uk 2006-05-12 19:16:52
Thanks! I will! I hope it wont be a problem that we are not staying there ourselves.. (more pennies to spent on other things.. hehe)
I will ask our weddingplanner as well.

What happened with your boat that you were that late?
Well........................ :lol:

As you may or may not be aware, St Paul's Bay weddings are kinda on the go all day. So things where running a bit behind (think maybe somewhere around 30-45mins. Our wedding was supposed to take place at 5pm, but started later (which we didn't really bother about anyway) due to a late wedding earlier.

So after our ceremony took place we boarded the boat. Everything seemed fine, then the rope that held the anchor got caught in the propellor. :roll: This resulted in a woman having to dive under the water and try cutting the rope, then followed by the guy that owned the boat. :lol: This must've gone on for about an hour. Then when the boat got up and running it speeded off, which I have to admit was fun though. :lol:

That obviously almost resulted in a near 2 hour loss, we also had to wait for the photographer to come back (he had to goto another wedding as we where late getting back) so that held things up a little, and then onto the reception. Although tbh, no-one actually bothered anyway and people where getting tired. After the meal and first few dances we just headed upto the bar for a few drinks and everyone retired from there. :lol:

FD
Wow Thanks, those photos are fantastic, im even more excited now!

We seem to be flying out the same week as you did (17th of May), what was the weather like?

What was your cake like?, the hotel tell me its a standard one for every wedding.

Our ceremony is booked for 5pm and we are hoping to have a DJ in the Asterias restaurnt after the dinner.

Thanks again,

Claire :D
Forgot to ask, How much did you pay for the boat trip?

Claire
Hi
I am trying to decide whether to go direct to the hotel for our wedding package in May 2007 or if it is better to go through a travel agent in England. Does anyone know or had bad experiences with either one?

I have a really tight budget too, does anyone know how much it costs for the buffet/ meal and entertainment?

Sorry to be vague but I am really in need of help to decide!

JW :D
Hi, We have organised our entire wedding through the wedding co-ordinator at the Atrium Palace. We have been in touch with them for over a year now and they have been very helpful in planning every detail of our wedding. They always reply quickly and have been happy to answer any of our many questions.

The wedding costs do seem expensive but the Hotel looks so amazing we dont mind. Im sure you could make it cheaper as they have many different options. If you e-mail them they will send you an info pack of what they offer.

Have you been on the website? http://www.atrium.gr it has loads of wedding information.

Meal options are as follows:

For Poseidon restaurant
Wedding buffet @ 36.00 euros per head (30+ guests)

For Poseidon or Atrium Terrace
Wedding set menu@ 40.00 euros per head- (2 - 90)

For Asterias Restaurant
Wedding Buffet @ 38.00 euros per head (30+ people)
Wedding Set Menu@ 45.00 euros per head (2-90)

We do not have any definate prices for our DJ or Boat Cruise as yet!

Just a week left till we fly!!!!

Hope this helps

Claire

:D
Claire,

Picture of the cake:-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/fd1972uk/Miscellaneous/cake.jpg

It is standard and the decorations you must bring yourself from what I know? I would ask the co-ordinator just in case that has changed, they will decorate it though with your items.

As you can see the cake is fairly basic, but it did the job and unfortunately I regret not eating more of it, it was absolute georgeous. :lol:

The Boat Trip was 200 euros, which was booked at the Lindos Reception. One-way from St Paul's to Asterias, and for your information we disembarked the boat using a ladder, so be careful. :lol:

Any more questions, ask away. Not long now. :wink:

FD
Lily,

As Claire has already mentioned, you can contact the hotel direct, they are very helpful and they provided many pictures on request i.e. villas, restuarant, boat etc.

FD
Can those photo's be resized as they are stretching the page - Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.