Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi FD

We've now decided (and booked) to have our wedding meal and reception at the Atrium as well! Thanks for all your info.

another thing I was wondering.. and maybe you can tell me what your experience was. How private is the Asterias restaurant? Where there many people there when you had your meal there? Or was it only after the meal that it was open for everybody else.

We have our wedding at the end of October this year.

Many thanks!

H.
Hi Hewy,

That's great, I'm sure you'll find it a lovely setting.

With regards to the Asterias, we had around 29 people (about 8 kids) and the Asterias I'm pretty sure was closed, however I can't guarantee that this was the actual case. When myself and my wife had went for a meal there before we had actually decided on the Asterias (we chose the location after arriving). It was very quiet at the time and I maybe wrong here, but think that another couple where leaving (inside) whilst we sat outside, no-one else arrived during our meal. As for our reception meal it did seem exclusive, however maybe the rep at the hotel can confirm if the restuarant will be open to others. I'm unsure if you'll want it set outside or inside (I highly recommend outside obviously), so presumable it may be a case based on numbers that they may open the alternative area to hotel guests, once again I would say confirm with the hotel rep.

It is rather secluded, as it is set at the end of the hotel, not far from the beachfront. There is a walkway at the front of the restuarant boundaries that did have a few people walking from the hotel to the beach for a little stroll.

We went in May (23rd was the date) and it was a little windy that night, so it did get a little cooler, so not sure how October will be compared to that. We also found the hotel to be very quiet and laid-back, and even at night at the bar's the place wasn't packed with guests.

Did you say you where staying in the hotel? What rooms did you book?

FD
Thanks!

I have asked the rep as well. She confirmed that during the meal it would be ours, but afterwards it will be opened as a a la carte restaurant. I just wanted to know what your experience was. She also said that it is usually quiet. I guess it is private during our meal as we will eat relatively early (about 6ish I guess??).

She sent me one picture and together with yours I have an idea what it will look like.

Thanks again!

H.
Have a fun time. :D

FD
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.