Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
All I can say Tony is that either the policy's changed very recently or Thomas Cook's relevant webpage is a shambles. We're off to Zante in August and I definitely filled in API on TC's webpage about a month or so ago but now hardly any countries are listed on the dropdown menu and my sister who's travelling at the same time as us can't enter her details as it says they're not required :que
Spain was one of the first countries to introduce the API requirement back in 2007. When not collected in advance, it is usually collected at check in. More info and discussion in the Advance Passenger Information (API) topic in our Airlines & Airports forum.

David :wave
Hi David,

I can only assume that in the past or since 2007 at least our API details must of been done at check in and we didnt even notice any difference to the usual security questions? so lets hope it goes as smoothly this time around!!!

Cheers!
Tony
There may not have been any additional questions Tony, as the required data would be taken directly from the passport, either manually or by electronic scanning at check in.

Thomas Cook forums have had lots of complaints about the difficulties in supplying API in advance via their website, Shirley. It is an issue which seems to have been running for months, but assurances are always given that the data can be taken at check in.

David :wave
Thanks David,

Will let you know when we get back if we had any problems!!

Cheers!
Tony
We are going to Ibiza in october and thompson have ask for our Api details
don;t worry about it.i have not done it for 4 years going to ibiza with t/c..easyjet etc you do need it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.