Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Vicjayhay

No probs, I will try and find out what time the meals are for you if you dont find out before as I will see my friends hopefully before they go as I know they had meals in the restaurant a few times ;)

My friends say these apartments are nice and it will be there 3rd time there so I hope they are as I have booked for next year.
Enjoy your hols :cheers
Woooooooooohoooooo this time tomorrow we will be on the plane there :D so excited now :cheers
Happy holidays, will seeyou there on the week after :cheers .
we will be there on the 27th , cant come soon enough , .
We are home :( booooooooo

Had a brilliant time though, highly recommend these apartments ;) Kids club was fantastic :)
McSheep

Glad you had a good time :tup , our friends are currently there and they come back on monday, they say its good and it must be coz its there 3rd time back, i'm booked up for next year and can't wait :)
Does anyone know if you can pay a little extra to keep your room on longer if you have a early morning flight .Thankyou for the info. :)
Yes. Not sure how much it is as we didn't require it with our flights but they mention it at the welcome meeting and give prices, but you could always just do it when you check in.
Its 10 pound an hour I think because someone was complaining yesterday round the pool, just got back and its freezing here!!!, weather is gorgeous over there temps max out at 50 degrees some days :sun2 .
vicjayhay

Did you have a good time then?, I bet its a shock to the system coming back to this weather
Had a really great time hotel and staff were great, and I have to say I am a tad bit cold today :rofl . Only bad part of the holiday was the delays going both ways and then finding out that they have lost my bag when I got home :cry . But I would rather it go missing on the way home than on the way there :tup .
vicjayhay

Glad you enjoyed yourselves and glad to hear the hotel is good, hope your missing bag turns up soon
Thankyou all for the information .I think we will probably book at reception the extra hours we need .Glad you all had a good time.
Roll on 15th August for two weeks of sunshine. :sun2
hi there,can anyone help with regards to all inclusive at the altamar.we are going in 6 weeks,and was wondering if the all incl option really is ''all inclusive''.we went to tenerife in 2009 and thought we had this option,but was told there were no snacks to be had or ice creams,just literally meals and drinks.
really looking forward to our visit,havent been to puerto rico since 1997 :D
'hi there,can anyone help with regards to all inclusive at the altamar.we are going in 6 weeks,and was wondering if the all incl option really is ''all inclusive''.we went to tenerife in 2009 and thought we had this option,but was told there were no snacks to be had or ice creams,just literally meals and drinks.
really looking forward to our visit,havent been to puerto rico since 1997 :D'

Hiya, I haven't been yet but I think I'm going about the same time as you and I've read alot of reviews. According to the reviews snacks are available, but I think it's from the buffet rather than freshly cooked things at a pool bar.

However the AI drinks include a few cocktails, and slush puppies!

AFAIK, AI doesn't have to mean snacks, I think it just has to mean three meals a day a drinks.
hi and thanks for the reply,
well 3 meals a day plus drinks is fine by me,just last time we were AI,we would still be full from the brekkie by lunchtime so an afternoon snack would have done us,but the meal times at the altamar seem more convenient than the last place we stayed. ;)
what date are you going,we should arrive early hours 21st july,soooo looking forward to it.hope you enjoy youre hols :sun2
Hi

I could be wrong but when we were there last september we were SC and noticed people that were AI getting freshly cooked snacks ie: chicken fillet and chips etc,they had there wristbands on so assume these were part of AI , we tried the snacks too and they are quite nice :) , there is a menu on FB if you join Altamar puerto rico on there it shows you the snack times and i'm sure this includes ice-cream etc.
Next time we go to the Altamar we are going to stay AI as its worth if for the cost of drinks alone :)
thanks shazajo,am sure will probably be stuffed from bfast lunch and dinner,but sometimes a snack late afternoon was preferable to lunch at 12,so just wondered if this was available at the altamar.looks like it is ;)
we cant wait,it looks lovely,nice big balconies to relax on.....i am counting the days :D its obviously impressed you if you are going back!
megsmum98 wrote:
we cant wait,it looks lovely,nice big balconies to relax on.....i am counting the days :D its obviously impressed you if you are going back!

No problem ;)

Yes it did impress us and can't wait to go back :) , just wish I had of hung back and not booked the Eden as I was too impatient to book and I waited 3 weeks for a email back from the Altamar as I sent it to the wrong address :duh , so in the meantime I booked the Eden, then next day got email through and wouldnt of been much difference in cost to book direct with the Altamar AI then what we have paid SC at the Eden, lesson learnt

Have a fab time when yous go as i'm sure yous will :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.