Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Travel Time
13 Posts
I'd say just over an hour or so, depending on how long it takes you to get out of Rhodes Town (can be a bit congested at times). The roads are pretty good though there is a stretch of roadworks that starts just the other side of Faliraki and continues all the way to Kolymbia.
Inland roads are also on the whole, in pretty good condition though obviously if you're hitting the more mountainous areas, roads can be steep with some sharp turns.
Thanks for that, cant be as bad as Troodos...hubby took wrong turn and ended up going 15k on a shingle, single track road throught some treachorous hills and bends.... :really
Rhodes town to kremasti is about 10 minutes if you set out from the eli beach side of town,but if you're trying to get there from the other side of town you're better off going up past the hospital,round the southern end of monte smith and down into ixia,but it's a bit too easy to get lost by the hospital,i've done the same short cut hundreds of times and still sometimes get confused on my little red racing moped! from kremasti to kolymbia the quickest way generally is to take the main road across to faliraki and follow the coast down through afantou,but that's no fun,you're better off taking a map and choosing 2 or 3 'sights' on the way and go via petaloudes,across to kalamonas,then onto psinthos,take the road that goes down past all the army barracks south of kalithies to afantou and then down the coast road,you could even cross the main road at afandou and go down past the old olympic swimming pool and golf course towards traganou barracks,then follow the single track road all the way around the bay to kolymbia. depends how much time you have etc i suppose,but i can think of better places to go than kolymbia,it is a nice little place though. handy for a quick diversion up to efta piges(seven springs)though. if you're looking to do a tour of the northern half of rhodes then there's some lovely views on the roads that cross from coast to coast,either the petaloudes way or a bit further south past the airport and up towards archipoli and then across to elounda and back up to kolymbia.

i'm rambling on now and forgetting you may not know what on earth i'm harping on about
:que :rofl :rofl
Never been before sooooo, yeeeessss a we bit... :D ;)
ok well the best thing to do is throw the map out and head for the hills as they say,you can't get lost,it's an island,you'll eventually end up where you want to be!
Its now very difficult to drive along the beach from Afandou to Kolymbia. The main dirt road got washed away by the January storm.So unless you know where the dirt tracks go, its easy to get lost
there's a tarmac road behind the golf course that i used the other day when we went to check out a venue for a beach party,sort your nut out you killjoy
The road BEHIND the golf course is not along the beach. You think you know it all
This is a forum for holidaymakers and not a place for childish spats :duh
:rofl :rofl i didnt even say it was on the beach :rofl
as my question has been answered, feel free to lock it, preventing more childish behaviour!
Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.