Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Hi Steph,

reading my last post back, I think it was a bit misleading. What we'd actually get if we opted for the hemmingway tour would be 3 nights in Havana and just 11 AI in Varadero, although we'd be paying for 14 nights- I still think it's good value though. I'm presuming the 3 nights payment we're losing goes to offset the price of the havana hotels.
Hi Shirley,

That does sound an even better deal since you'll be getting Full Board and in my experience lunch and dinner will include the first drink and further drinks won't cost that much extra unless you really hit the Daiquiris in La Floridita :rofl

A Hemingway tour will centre a lot on Havana but it will probably also take in the farmhouse where he lived for a while and possibly one of the cayos because he kept a boat for fishing on the coast. So you'll get to see more than just Havana which will give you an even greater insight into Cuban life. Also, I suspect that it possibly be less popular than the more general Havana add-on which means that with 6 of you it could into a personal tour - just your group and the guide and driver in a people carrier rather than a large coach group.

SM
Ha-ha thought is sounded a bit too good!! Will still be fab though, and obviously Sma knows her stuff so would take her word for it that you will be getting the best of both worlds. We just did the 2 days when we went, staying overnight from Varadero and we packed lots in, but I know there is a lot more to do and see. I thought the countryside we saw on the second day after we left Havana was absolutely beautiful and I think we saw the real Cuba there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.