Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
These big AI hotels always provide pool/beach towels, so I'm sure they would.
Hi yes they do - this is a lovely hotel - rather big though - and the interior designer has done a great job. Loads going on around the pools and the beach is great.

Have a great time.
:tup thanks i thought they would not packing 4 towels will make a hugh difference
it does look a big place hopefully we will lose the kids lol
Jaz Mirabel beach Has anyone just returned, and give me info. Would you recommend it, what time does AI drinks finish, Is food good.
Hi. we are booked to go here in late January 2011. I must admit i am reading some reviews on another website and there are some negative ones coming through but everything i have seen on youtube and on the web makes it look amazing. Fingers crossed :sun2
were looking at going Egypt this weekend. went in March stayed at Tropicana Grand Azure, but was not at all impressed with the food areas, didn't like the way food was presented. I called them bread bins, you had to lift the lids to see what food looked like.cleanliness, Rooms and public outside areas were all well kept.
Hi, I wanted to post some more recent feedback on this resort (Jaz Mirabel Beach). We arrived home last week.

From our perspective this was an OK holiday (the weather was a +).

First impressions, this is a huge resort at the end (second to last resort) of Nabq Bay. It is a good 30 minutes walk from the majority of shops and bars in Nabq, but this wasn't a deciding factor for us as we went to relax. In the resort itself, it's vast! Lovely pools (two smaller pools heated in the winter), bars and great access to the beach. If you prefer a short walk to the resort restaurants and bars then I would definitely request a room close to the main building/lobby.

The rooms are fine, but past their best. Housekeeping keep them clean (for a number of reasons we had 4 rooms and saw 8 and cleanliness differs), but walls and floors are marked. I would say that it is in need of a face lift.

The food is unfortunately tedious and personally I would think twice about committing to all inclusive for 2 weeks. Beef with/without sauce, chicken with/without sauce, pasta, potatoes and veg. The salad and dessert selection is extensive and the fresh bread is lovely. This is the same every lunch and dinner. Breakfast, I would say, is the best meal of the day. The snack bars offer pizza and sandwiches, which again are fine (beef and chicken burgers are <10% meat). We managed only for the fact that with Thomson you receive two vouchers to eat at the al a carte restaurants (nothing too exciting, but a nice change to be served at your table).

The waiters are great, infact all of the staff were very friendly. There are a few bars to drink at. We thought the house red wine was nice, but would question the % of the beer (water?).

We didn't go swimming, either the pools or the sea during our stay. As we were in the resort at NY, there were a lot of families/children in the pools. The two pools which are heated are the smaller of the four, so room to swim is limited. We didn't really experiece the entertainment by the pools, but there seemed to be a lot going on. Access to the beach is at the far end of the resort. Sunbeds were more readily available on the beach and noise from the animation team wasn't so intrusive.

All in all, this is an OK resort, but one that I would hesitate in recommending from our personal experience. More 3* than 5* sadly. We had many issues during our stay (too many to go in to now, I'm already tired of going over the details) which we took up with the hotel and that I'm now discussing with Thomson. I think people love it or hate it... There were guests who have been visiting year on year that love the place, but I along with many other guests we saw had major issues.

A word of warning...

If you do go to this resort, or Sharm in general, be sure to take Immodium (we don't know where the bug came from that is still with us) but the Egyptian drugs prescribed to us we have since found out from our GP are not licensed in the UK and are in fact harmful. I also suffered from xx's of mosquito bites, so spray/after bite is definitely a must if you're susceptible.

Would we stay here again? No, definitely not, but there are obviously people that would.
Welcome to the forums tbc :cheers

Many thanks for your review of this hotel. Would you kindly copy it over to our hotel review site here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/jaz-mirabel-beach-resort/

Many thanks :tup
Afternoon Guys!

My new wife and I are heading to the Jaz Mirabel Beach resort in May. Has anyone ever stayed there before? Would love some advice on the hotel and what Nabq bay is like.
My parents just came back last week from the beach and loved it there. They couldnt find fault with anything and as I speak they are looking at going back again in October!!
Went to this hotel in February, being upgraded from the Mirabel Park which is shut due to under occupancy. we absolutely loved it and have booked again for next year. The only word of caution is that the hotel was only half full so I don't know how it would be when full as it is a larger hotel. Anyway, we'll find out next March!
Hi, went to the Jaz Mirabel Beach last January - fabulous - been to Egypt 5 times and this has been the best hotel - at night entertainment included musicians from Cuba who were great - was wondering if anyone knows if they would be there this year - normally entertainment in hotels is not up to much but this was really good

would be really grateful if anyone could reply re this

thanks

Anne
my son came back from here last week . he said its the best hotel hes ever been in . he is very hard to please as well . so much so that i have booked for 10 days at the beginning of december.. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.