Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
There are some interesting facts aren't there in his article?
Fancy there only being 6 staff on board actually employed by Thomsons! - I thought the entertainment team were Thomsons at least but no, they are from an agency in North Yorks.
Also the fact they always try to include a non EU country in the itinerary for duty- free purposes. Enjoyable read.
I agree it made interesting reading. I'm glad he was so positive about the staff in board.
I have just submitted my Cruise Review on the Spirit - so when okayed by the mods/admin it's there for anyone to have a look at :cheers
Can anyone recommend decent cabin no.s to book on Deck 3 outside, near the main staircase if possible please?
There are 2 cabins needed, I really wanted an outside on Main Deck 4 but they are all booked up, so having to go to Deck 3. Its a first cruise for my sister so I wanted as nice a cabin as poss for her and her hubby. I know they are all only portholes but I just dont want to choose horrendous ones with engine noise, noisy air conditioning etc.
Hi Vievien-Marie
Friend of ours was in 496 and said it was ok for noise and i would rec mid ship or front we have for the past 4 cruises located mid ship deck 6 which is great our friends liked that deck and location as it was close to the stairs and 'exit'
You will i am certain have a great time
Roger
Hi all

We are booked to go on the atlantic classics cruise leaving February 7th

My first question is on the last day we arrive at Tenerife at 6am but our flight back isnt until 19.25 so what will we do with our bags ect all day and transfer wise do we have to get back to the ship to get transferred to the airport.

Just wondered if anyone had any good tips for first time cruisers and any information and ideas of trips on the places we are visiting.

We arrive at Maderia airport at 12pm on day one
day 2 is at sea
day 3 is Agadir Morocco
day 4 is Lanzarote
Day 5 is Tenerife

Never been to any of these places so any tips on how to spend our time would be greatfuly appreicated

Thanks
Hi freejack2k
You will be fine they will allow you to stay on board untill your coach is ready to take you to the airport and you will be able to use all the facilities on the boat except for you cabin.
If its you first time at these ports i would recommend round the island trips which will show you most of the places. We did not like Morocco but a lot of people do, we stayed on board the second time we did this port.
Don't forget if you book a tour off the boat they will not sail without you if its late back but they will if you go on your own. :que
You will have a great time.
Roger
On day you arrive, once you have checked in on board ship you are free to go off again into Madeira, its about a 20 min walk from port into the town, which is lovely to walk round. We went up the cable car which was good.
Morocco isnt recommended to walk around, nothing at all around the port to see. We booked the half day trip to mediaeval village, very interesting, we enjoyed it.
Lanzarote is walkable round, as is Santa Cruz. I would walk to the tram station and take the ride up to the lovely town of La Laguna
Your luggage has to be left outside your cabin door the night before embarkation, you just keep your hand luggage with you on the final day then collect your cases from where they have been put on the port and get on the coach with them to go to the airport.
You can pay about £35 to reserve a late departure cabin on your last day which we find is worth it. Book it as early as you can. Alternatively you can book a 20 min slot in a courtesy cabin if you just want a shower etc before leaving.
thanks for the replies above, really looking forward to it. Having read round a bit am i right in thinking a suit is ok for formal evening. Also does anyone know what the seas are likely to be like at that time of year (really hoping for smooth ones)
Thanks again for the replies
Hi freejack2k
You may be lucky but that time of year is usually rough over to Morocco, just don't suffer if it is bad and you are ill go to the doc's for an injection its not expensive and works very fast.
We have had some bad crossing when they have had to tie the doors shut but have never let it spoil the holiday. Don't worry about it.
Roger
Thanks Roger, im not the best travelling on the sea at the best of times!! Ive bought some tablets im going to take all the way through anyway even if it isnt rough.
One more quick question for anyone who might know, i have serached the net but cant find the answer anywhere!

Does anyone know how long the transfer from funcahl airport to the dock where we will meet the ship will take? Dosent seem to say anywhere
From what i can remember it was about 45 mins but look out of the window when landing it looks like the runway is built over the sea :tup
Roger
Brilliant thanks Roger, we are flying monday morning 8am so cant wait now!

On the off chance you got any idea of the transfer time from Tenerife port to the Airport?
Recently returned from an Adriatic cruise on the Spirit and have posted a couple of slideshows on HT TV which may be of interest if you are looking at the ship or the 'Adriatic Explorer' cruise.

http://www.holidaytruths.tv/media/2943/SPIRIT_of_the_CROCS/

http://www.holidaytruths.tv/media/2940/ADRIATIC_CROCS/
Just booked to do Pharaohs & The Promised Land on Spirit next April....Can't wait...it will be my second cruise and I'm so looking forward to it
Off on the Baltic Capitals in September next year for my Silver Wedding. Can't wait. Never cruised before - usually do Eurocamp round Framce & Germany every year doing our own thing so this will be a much welcome change.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.