Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
thomson spirit
5 Posts
Hi Cassie - we came back on Friday from our Adriatic Explorer cruise. From what I can remember the crew always helped with wheelchairs getting on and off the ship.
We were lucky in that we docked each time right on the port although it said on the itinerary that there may be tender boats for Kotor and Split that wasnt the case, during our week at least.
Must say though that the gangplank was quite steep and the wheelchairs, with users, were carried down backwards.
The weather on the whole was lovely - we didnt do any organised trips except paying for the Thomson boat into Venice itself from the dock as from each port it was easy to get into town, except for Dubrovnik, where taxis were waiting anyway.
The sailaway from Venice was nice, with well known classics playing for around 30 mins as we set sail.
Didnt think the shows were quite as interesting as in the past but the entertainment team were good enough, the assistant cruise director Richard Grey was hilarious, a natural comedian.
Food and staff as excellent as ever and plenty of daytime entertainment on deck.
Anything else you want to know, just ask.
thank you for imfo a great help,we were told that we would dock at all ports ,i think in july has to change,is there anything to do just near the ship in debrovnic just to come ashore ,how much is a cab,i myself have been to venice many times but not with wheelchair ,is it san basillico you dock thought i could walk to st marks with out to many difficultys ,reaaly just want to relax and go ashore when it suits us to have a look round ,anything good to buy anywhere ,any imfo appricated
There wasnt much around where the ship docked for Dubrovnik, the taxis are waiting by the ship and it was 10 euro to Pile Gate at entrance to the old town, about 10 mins drive away.
In Venice dont know name of where ship docked, it was about 15 mins by water boat down to St Marks, know it was near the water bus stop for route no.1 and the railway station. We actually only used the boat one way then walked back along the Grand Canal, took us about an hour but it was a bit tricky to get back to the ship as you have to cross a road etc and it isnt well signposted, although if you know Venice then you will be fine.
It rained that day but can recommend the pacamac things that you can buy at Reception on board.
Kotor is pleasant to walk around and very scenic sailing in. Split is lovely, with a really nice outdoor market if you can walk around it ok. Good long promenade also. Koper the most boring one out of them all but again docked almost in town.
Really hope you enjoy it as much as we did. It was a bit messy time wise, putting clocks forward 2 hours when arriving in Corfu, then back an hour overnight before arriving in Kotor next day, then forward again 1 hour in Corfu for the following Friday, back again 2 hours for arriving back in UK! All good fun.
:sun2 thanks for update a great help count down now on, cant wait
:sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.