Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Have a look at the "DIY Excursions - Caribbean Area" sticky at the top of the forum.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci

they are all a little out of date though

If anyone has been recently I'd love to hear what you booked :tup
Hopefully you will be able to update the topic when you get back from your cruise.

I booked any activity trips on board but if it was just sight seeing found there were lots of local operators doing the same thing for s lot less as a rule the further away they were from the ship the cheaper they were.
thanks nick
yes I think we will do a combination of organised excursions and just sightseeing tours / beach trips ,like we did on our last cruise

was a shock to the system whe arriving at port and they all try and get your business eek! :yikes we will be prepared this time round lol !
Hello Rachie B.
Will be visiting the caribbean for the 4th time in march 2012 on the azura sailing from barbados,we have an overnight stay in barbados,you are given the choice.
In barbados we went to the beach,a beach called Carlisle bay about a 30min walk from the ship,it's next to the boat yard beach $5 each for a sunbed and a strong rum drink.
St Kitts we went on an organised trip"the sugar cane train" i wont reccommend it not worth the money,i think we paid about £37 each.

Tortola, we had a day at Cane Garden Bay a lovely horse shoe bay,superb beach,traditional caribbean bars,if you sneeze the bar on the edge of the bay would fall down i'm sure,loved it.we sat there watching birds diving for fish.ridiculously perfect.taxi bus from the port around $12 return each.

St Maarten,one of our favourites,have you heard about the airport over on sunset bay where the planes land just above your head while you are sat on the beach,intresting visit.theres a beach bar there.Philipsberg is good for shopping with superb beaches and good prices in the shops and bars.

Dominca,went on an excursion to a rain forrest it was ok,not a lot i can say really.

Antigua,excursion to nelson's dock yard,shirley heights where the post card photos are taken,one year went to millers by the sea,a beach $12 each in a taxi return.

As you may have noticed we now do the big L, lazy.beach till 1pm ish,walk round,people watch drink back to the ship have some nosh and another cold drink,cant wait.

We have been on the ventura twice and loved every minute of it,hope you enjoy.
:wave:

Enjoy yourself rachie B
thank you :cheers

9 more days in work and then we are off

roll on ! :)

xx
Have a great time!

I would really be appreciated if you could update our DIY Excursions sticky when you get back. :cheers

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.