Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hubby had the Maltese platter Graham - I had a delicious chicken wrap. Hubby thought I was crazy taking a pic outside to show you that I'd been there. No probs with the spelling lesson, I was in the middle of unpacking and didn't have time to look for my book :D However they are spelt they were great places. We didn't manage to get to Ta Qali either Graham - so that's another one for our next visit :tup
Hi Helen

Glad to hear you had a good time and got out and about too!

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
hi Helen. Your review was great.
Glad to see you had a good time in Malta. We were first time visitors to Malta as well but it wont be our last visit. in fact we are thinking about going back next May (weather a little bit chilly in April for us) At the moment it's a toss up between Malta and Fuertaventura where we have been meaning to return to for a few years.
We packed quite a lot in to our week. We stayed in Qawra and our hotel was good and central to everything. We went to Valletta and to the Malta experience and the Knights hospital also.
Also went on a boat cruise from Sliema, visited St Julian's one day, mooched around the pool sunbathing when the weather was warm enough , which unfortunately wasn't that often. we had lunch out a couple of times, coffee cake etc and the odd drink or two, and found the prices reasonable
We used the buses a lot, and there was a bus stop across the road from our hotel.
Although we were A1 we ate out a few times, mainly for lunch, and i think we might think about going self catering next time, although we normally do A1 on a beach/pool type holiday. I'm not sure yet though...
I didn't know what to expect from Malta but really liked the people and the place , the mixture of holidaymakers and nationalities , young and old, singles and family's and my daughter who's 11 would like to go back as well,- so that's really saying something. :)
I will be perusing the Malta and Fuerta forums over the next few weeks and months for ideas and tips,- particularly as we will probably do a DIY, holiday when we go back to Malta/fuerta. next time.
By the way we really liked Sliema, and might think about staying there next time. Did you go A1 in your hotel, and if so did you think it was worth it? The food in our hotel (suncrest) was good most of the time, but like all A1's became repetitive after a few days.
i think if we do A1 again we will choose a hotel which has a few restaurants to choose from rather than just eat tin the buffet one.
Off to tackle the washing now, and dream of our next holiday :sun2
Glad you enjoyed Suncatcher - our hotel was HB, but we had the dine around option which was nice. If we were in the hotel area at lunchtime, we had our main meal at the hotel then, or if we were out and about, we had the evening meal. This suited us down to the ground. We found the food reasonably priced in Malta.
Booked our tickets for the Hypogeum last week :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.