Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
thought of one... I've seen it mentioned about one of the restaurants being "Maltese", is this the case and which one ?
and another one... how do they know which guests are all inclusive ?... please tell me you get some sort of card and not a stupid tan line causing wrist band !
Hi Steve

Suncatcher was at the Seashells in April. Maybe drop them a PM to alert them to this topic?

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/post1567804.html?hilit=seashells#p1567804

luci :wave
Just found a post by suncatcher after they returned

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/post1570343.html?hilit=suncrest#p1570343

This is all probably too late as I think you may be away, but you might pick it up on your phone.

luci :wave
Thanks, can answer some of the questions myself now !
You get a stupid arm band, so you get a tan mark and an irritated wrist ! ( I don't even wear a watch )

Food is so far , ok... We haven't had anything spectacular from the buffet self service style catering. Couldn't even find the right restaurant for a cooked breakfast this morning .
Local beer is something like 1565 something or other, decent enough, but plastic cups during the day :-(
Remember Steve,
Plastic cups during the day means less cut feet by night time. Seen too many idiots taking glasses out to the pool areas and either knocking them over or just leaving them sitting under a sunbed to be knocked over by someone else when they move it.

Looks like Mosta Dome has been on your places to go list and now been ticked off!
Yes I can see the safety side of plastic drinking ware, doesn't mean I have to like it ! Lol
Did a bus tour of the northern end of the island. However the best bit (you have to remember I'm a major foodie) was a walk up to Bugibba to eat in a restaurant, where we got some real Maltese cuisine . Bigilla, stuffed olives, sundried tomatoes, the little hard crackers etc followed by fried rabbit with garlic, onions and white wine, a truly stunning dish.
Which restaurant did you go in Steve?

I think the one I was trying to recall (around the corner from what was the Palm Court hotel) is called Wee 5 or something like that. But there is also a place on the corner near the Square (although it always looks round to me) somewhere near the 2 Euro shop that always seems busy.

Different though when we go as it's much quieter in February so not everywhere is open.
Hi there. Just saw your post re suncrest at seashells. Are you still there? I guess you will have discovered everything there is to know by now. We enjoyed the suncrest, and would stay there again. Hope you are having good weather. We didn't do too well on that front, although we dd go in april!
We went to the villa mare restaurant in bugibba.
Sadly back home in the rain now ! Lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.