Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
The Palm Court (think it's now called the Europa) was closed this February but it was open the year before I believe.

If this works, here is a photo I took during our February holiday in 2010 when we were staying at the Club Salina Wharf which is close by.

Take a look at what someone has written in the dust on the door. :rofl

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26806_386840407430_736499_n.jpg
The Europa is not the Palm court it is an entirely different hotel.
The authorities closed the Palm Court hotel due to an outbreak of Legionella.
m&n wrote:
The Europa is not the Palm court it is an entirely different hotel.
The authorities closed the Palm Court hotel due to an outbreak of Legionella.

Correct!

I just Googled it and apparently it's now called "The Qawra Inn"....

I had it in mind it was something like the Europa or Eurotel for some reason!

The Europa is opposite the Mavina Apartments as I recall.
Funnily enough it was our awful stay at the Palm Court that brought me to HT several years ago. It was the most awful hotel we have ever stayed in - I won't make that mistake ever again!
My parents used to stay at the Limelight every year for a number of years and when they found it was due to close they went to look at some alternative places.

Someone suggested the Palm Court as it was supposed to be a good hotel. Maybe it was at the time.... They've been going to Malta every year now for about 14 years.

Mum said the corridors were so long and narrow she couldn't walk down them so she turned and fled the hotel. She does sometimes suffer a bit with claustrophobia but she can manage ship corridors and has travelled with me to Paris by coach via the Chunnel without any problems.

With hindsight, it was probably a blessing in disguise that they never went there.
Palm Court/Qawra Inn/Venus Aparthotel/Ruben Court are now all permenantly closed apparently. Venus Aparthotel was definately shut - or used as overflow for the Qawra Inn - when I was there last summer.

It was due to Legionella Infection that it was closed last October.
I should just post back, out little trip to Qawra was very nice... Malta is lovely, similar in many ways to Cyprus, but with its own quirky differences. Qawra is a bit out of the way for us, we like a beach (I know you don't get the all over in Malta) but still had a great time !

:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.