Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Squeenie,

I've stayed at the Aquamarine. It was a solid 4 star, but I wouldn't give it the advertised 5 star. Rooms are large with everything you need, the pools areas are extensive and good. Food was average, nothing special. The bar areas are a little on the small side for the number of guests so you sometimes struggle to get a seat in the evening around the main bar. The beach isn't the best but the sun loungers plentiful. As with any hotel, there are pro's and cons. I'd certainly go back, but under the impression it was a 4 and not a 5 star.

Darren
Hi Squeenie,

We have been to the Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay twice, although last time was 4 years ago. Rooms we a good size and very clean but not 5* (as advertised them) by European standards. A La carte restaurants were very good, but buffet was a bit of a free for all. The beach itself is quite compact, and the snorkelling left a lot to be desired as the water was quite murky, but snorkelling fron the hotel next door was a lot better. What I also liked was the fact that you could book boat trips directly with the guys on the beach with the boats sailing out from the Sunrise beach as opposed to booking with Thomson where they would transport you over to Hurghada to catch the boat.

Regards,
Pat
Thankyou, was the sea easiky accessible, I have two kids 2 &6 who love the sea
Hi Squeenie,

Yes it was ... gently shelving and easy on your feet. The sand itself is very compact though ... not what you would expect.

Regards,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.