Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Have a look at the prices others charge for flights and you will see thats cheap! You also normally have to book and pay extra for meals with other companies. Cyprus is on the divide between short and long haul flights, so the fuel costs alone stop it bring cheap.
one of the reasons for flights being expensive in Cyprus is the Airport landing/take off and handling fees [also aviation fuel for the return is imported and more expensive than most of europe

yasus
wizard
Not sure which airport you fly into in Cyprus but I always find booking my parents from Manchester into Larnaca with Monarch generally provides them with much better flight times and the prices are often less than other charters or low cost carriers.

Flights on Wednesday (winter time) depart Manchester at 09:15 arriving at 15:45 (local time) in Larnaca and departing at 17:00 and back in Manchester for around 20:15

I'm in Limassol so either airport is good for us with us being pretty central to both Paphos and Larnaca.

Cheers, Shell
Sunny Cyprus
Also you are flying during the school holidays which usually means higher prices!! with whoever you go with.
Looking at same time this year , have to go in August as Mrs works in a school, and it looks like Monach are around £50 cheaper than Easjet.

On another nore - God it's quiet on here these days!
I agree, we went BA last time and it worked out about £90 cheaper each pp and had good timings.x
Just arrived back from Pafos, we travelled with Easyjet, as it was the cheapest flights from our local airport and at the times we wanted, we could have gone via Gatwick cheaper but by the time you take fuel and parking [or public transport] into consideration this would have been much dearer, we could also had late flights only slightly cheaper from our local airport,

on a separate note this was the first time with them since the started preallocated seating last October,and it was quite a plesent experience compared to the bun-fight it use to be
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.