Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
sleeper i have never flown premium before but when i have flown before and couples have been sat seperate the stewardesses/stewards have done their best to shuffle passengers so couples can sit together.
i expect nobody will be willing to give up window seats etc but maybe it might be possible you never know to get you both together or close by.
good luck and enjoy your holiday
I agree that a lot of travel agents are good, this occasion it did not work out to well. The reason, and these day's I know in the age of the net it seems strange, I like to book with a local place with an independant. I just like the fact a holiday agent is in the area and I have had an odd thing go wrong and they have sorted it with the minimum of fuss. I have yet to be told I can give something up that I paid a heavy price for and I would be given nothing in return.

jhe
Thanks for the words. I would not feel very comfortable asking another if they could move seats even though I have moved seats in the past when asked. I guess if somebody asked me I may just accept though!

Can't wait though.
kerry25 wrote:
Sun addict , not all travel agents are uninformed A good independent agency especially will have or should have excellently trained staff , it's the big multiples that often have you young inexperenced sales staff as oppose to a travel agent ! I have worked for a multiple , and I must say it was n't my best time working in the travel industry !!!

I'm not saying they all are. I worked for an independents, and to be honest some of the staff were ok, some were pitiful. Travel agents aren't trained like 'in the good old days'. I'm going back to the days when Abta ran courses and you were trained to various levels, providing you passed the exams, and displayed the aptitude to at least know where to find the correct information.

I rarely use an agent, and if I do I double check everything they do. :yikes
Sunaddict

I think in the main you are quite right. I think it is now up to the customer to check everything although knowing everything to check can I suppose be the unknown factor in itself.

Like all else there are good and bad and some fall in the middle.
We didn't bother to pre-book seats or opt for premium. When we checked in we asked for window seats if possible (they were in two's), we got them. We then saw that the three centre seats next to us were empty, so I moved across and had three to myself to stretch out on, leaving hubby with the two original seats. Result.
Guess what? exactly the same thing happened on our return, asked for the two seats, got them and then found three empty ones next to us. Slept laying along them for a few hours undisturbed. So glad we didn't pay for premium when offered them. :tup
moles, kent wrote:
We didn't bother to pre-book seats or opt for premium. When we checked in we asked for window seats if possible (they were in two's), we got them. We then saw that the three centre seats next to us were empty, so I moved across and had three to myself to stretch out on, leaving hubby with the two original seats. Result.
Guess what? exactly the same thing happened on our return, asked for the two seats, got them and then found three empty ones next to us. Slept laying along them for a few hours undisturbed. So glad we didn't pay for premium when offered them. :tup

A very common experience when flying scheduled via Bombay, especially with Jet.
We fly tomorrow.....hope all is good with the flight. I will put another post on when we return to let you all know how it went. So giddy :cheers
Have a wonderful time Tracy

Sue
Sleeper. I know. ;)
However, just booked a second holiday, on the same 6-month Visa for March, getting the same Thompson flight. I bet we don't have that sort of luck this time, and that will teach me won't it? :duh
Well we are back....i can honestly say the flight was good with plenty of room to stretch your legs out. Can't comment on the in flight meals as I don't eat them. It certainly seemed to go much quicker than the dreaded Monarch flight! We will certainly fly with Thomson again. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.