Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thomson Flights
54 Posts
No they use their own planes and the old First Choice planes, mich more comfortable than Monarch I always fly to Goa with them. Next season they are using the new Dreamliner, which we have already booked!
TRACYM wrote:
Does anyone know if Thomsons use Monarch Airlines for any of their Goa flights? Swore we would never fly with Monarch again and don't want to take any chances!

Thomsons use their own 767-300s to Goa.
Thanks or your replies.....I'll check them out :)
Wow Miccie that sounds good, we always go with Thomson as well and are going next March.

(well that is if we can get my husbands visa sorted, but thats another story!!)

When does the dreamliner start?
Dreamliner to Goa starts November 2013.
Thanks, going to early for that then, sounds good though.
I'm really looking forward to the dreamliner, we have even decided to treat ourselves to the Premium section, so it will be interesting to compare!
Miccie

Jut remember if you do go premium to choose your seats well before you fly as I was found wanting having not known this and my wife and I are now flying there and back seated apart.

My wife is not pleased....I am just hoping for a blonde....female that is!
You can select your seats 90 days prior to your inbound flight. The price is included with the premium upgrade, but if you fly economy you need to pay for reserved seating to select your seat numbers.
Sunaddict

I wish we had known that 6 weeks ago!
Thomson normally send you an email when the flight plan is open, this year it took me an hour to reserve our seats within 5 mins of receiving the email, either there was a problem with the site or everyone was trying at once!
That's something I was not aware of but I did not book through Tonmson. I use my local travel agent so I was not privy to that.
What a shame, I think perhaps your Travel Agent should have advised you of this.
I think that would have been helpful, yes. I suppose it's something to remomber for the future.
There's some information and chat about the Dreamliner in our Flights Only forum here:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/thomson-dreamliner-t156428.html
I never wait until I receive the email from Thomson. I usuallly manage to book my seat numbers approx 2/3 days before the 90 day period, and on occasions have been lucky enough to book my return seat numbers at the same time (depending on who I speak to)

Phone numbers ( in order of preference) which may be of help 02476 283046, 0871 231 4143 or 02476 282228. Last number I think is an Indian call centre and are very difficult to understand!!

Regards,
Pat
Ha ha I always try that as well Pat, sometimes lucky somtimes not. Just booked ours this weekend for our flight on the 16th.

Sue
i did the same as you pat, i managed to choose seats for the outbound flight but had to phone back to book the home flight i was told the seat plan had not opened for the return flight, as you say it depends who you speak to some are more helpful than others.
it was weeks after i had chosen seats that i received the e-mail informing me the flight plan was open.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.