Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thanks,We were insured with Insure and Go last year but when I phoned to renew it they told me that they had took Egypt and Tunisia out of their European policy.
We had already been to both these countries so glad we didnt have any mishaps. :yikes
I have also read that Thomas Cook insurance dont now include Turkey so it looks like I will have to do some phoning around when its due to be renewed in August. :tup
Kiltman thank you for all the information ,will e mail hotel as suggested [ re taxi ]

thanks Ann
Some insurance companies state Egypt in their european insurance, and some world wide. As long you as the broker show you egypt is covered you will be fine.

One thing you must check is anyone that would like to try their quads out there must check with their insurance broker if it is covered. Mine covers me up to 998cc which is fine out there, but some insurers class it as high risk, so if you come off for example, they will not pay. Same for anything that is dangerous. It is the same if you fall/ hurt yourself and have to claim, if they know you have had a few drinkie poos again it is void.

I can also recommend the Oonas, they do great realistic prices especially on trips as well. Nice place to eat and have nice company and views from the rawsha roof top.

We have been over 10 times to sharm and it is like our second home, very friendly people.
Home from our first holiday to Sharm and loved it ,so much that since coming home
last week we have booked to take our daughter and family there at the end of June
for 10 days ,we normally go to Goa [been around 10 times] but have never come back
wanting to take the family.We found Sharm so clean, had some good meals ,and the staff at
the Hilton Dreams and Shores Amphorus really friendly and helpful.
We have booked to go back to the Dreams as we liked the fact that we could just walk down
to the beach and into Namma Bay, looking forward to our return.
The weather was fantastic. :sun2 :)
Really pleased to read this Aarond. :) I think it's the kind of place that if you like it you really like it. Been to Sharm 4 times, El Gouna once and Marsa Alam once and all were great holidays. Will be back in a Red Sea resort at some point this year God willing.

Doe :sun2
Hi Doe yes we knew from the fist day that we would want to return,
not sure what we expected,as we had only been to Luxor and on 2 nile
cruises before,but Sharm was so different ,the barttering was the same
but you get used to it,a polite no thank you is all you need[if your lucky]lol
ann
It's great to here you had such a good time Ann :tup haggling is not for everybody but as long as you accept this is the way the Egyptians do it and join in it does make it easier to enjoy the experiance.

I will a lot warmer in June :D
Hope it won.t be to hot as we have a 3yr old with us,but will make sure he is
well protected with factor 50 and tee shirts in the pool,shall also use the beach
for a little breeze.
would have liked to have taken them when a bit cooler but his 16yr old brother is sitting
GCSE,S this next term and only finishes school when these exams are over,had considered
Oct half term but would have meant only going for a week ,think you need a few days
more than a week with the long flight so hopefully it will work out OK.
annx
hi arround glad you enjoyed sharm it is a great place.as you say it is completely different to luxor/cairo asin more of a holiday desternation than the local/history (real) egypt.
we loved it also but did prefer luxor and the cruise.
Hi we also like Luxor and have been on 3 nile cruises,but going back to Sharm
as taking the family it.will suit them better,having the beach for the little one,the 16yr
old is looking forward to snorkeling ;) we are just looking for sun & relaxing :sun2
annx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.