Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
sharm el sheikh
9 Posts
Hi Nabq area is very flat and Naama is too. My father in law is disabled and stayed at the Savoy ( White Knights Beach ) and outside the hotel is the new Sohoa Square that has bars, shops, restaurants etc ( but dearer than other parts of Sharm )

Ref hotels it really depends on your budget and in Egypt you tend to get what you pay for. Personally I wouldnt stay in the centre of Naama as its really busy in the evenings but there are some nice hotels that are on the pedestrianised prom leading into Naama.

Try looking at these hotels which are nice and in good locations.

Jolie Ville ( few mins walk into Naama ) then Hilton Fayrouz, Novatel and Marriott ( which is about 15 min walk )

The prom is very clean, right on the beach and very flat so ideal for those with walking difficulties. The sea here is ideal for those that cant swim too as the water can be accessed from the beach and there is no need to walk out on the jetty to access the water.

Hope this helps.
I'm not 100%, but I dont think any of the four hotels mentioned above are AI (unless they have changed recently) I think the Fayrouz, Novotel, Marriot and Jolie Ville are all Bed and Breakfast hotels and I note from your post that this is not what you want. So it may be a waste of your time researching them, unless you are prepared to pay supplements for Half Board and pay for your drinks, lunches etc. The alternative would be to walk into Namma Bay all the time for your food.

The Red Sea Holiday Village and Coral Sea Resort up at Nabq are both AI's and Nabq is fairly flat if you want a walk outside your hotel, and there are a couple of malls to walk round of an evening. There are a few steps around the hotels, but I know at the former, as its new there are also ramps.

Be careful of which hotels you select in Sharm an awful lot of them have a loads of steps. Many hotels are built over different levels and you tend to go down to the sea via stairs or ramps.

This is particularly prevalent at the Ras um el Sid end of the resort, on the sea side rather than the main road side so I wouldn't bother researching and reading reviews on hotels at that end unless you get a specific recommendation, by someone who has stayed at one.

One hotel close to Namma Bay that is AI is the Sonesta Beach Resort, so this may be good for you, but I am not sure if it is good for folk with walking difficulties. One of the regulars on here Lynwestie has jsut returned and I am sure if she sees this thread will post to let you know if its flatish there.

Doe :wave
Apologies - missed the all incl part! All the ones mentioned in Naama in my post above are b n b or half board. Savoy was all inclusive.
Hi :wave:

One hotel close to Namma Bay that is AI is the Sonesta Beach Resort

This hotel would be ideal for you as it is all level with ramps in to areas such as reception and restaurants.
The hotel is large and some areas are located a fair distance from reception so if you did choose the SBR I would advise that you email them and ask for a room located close to reception.

There are several pools including a heated one which you might enjoy.

The SBR is located at the end of Naama Bay with direct access to the beach and also a flat promenade that leads straight in to the heart of Naama bay, this would take approx 20 minutes. You can get taxis at the front door which take you in to the centre within a few minutes and they dont cost much.

These pictures that I took last year will give you a good idea of the hotel and area - http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/562328367urtotx

I can recommend this hotel and we would def go back again.
Graham
Lovely pics Graham - love the shapes of the buildings and pool area.
Would agree with Graham re the sonesta Beach resort . It is very flat but it is a fairly large site that is very spread out . Rooms nearer the reception would be near to the main restaurant , and beach . There is also a pool outside the main restaurant along with others spread across the large grounds .

The entertainment there isnt great but you could walk into Naama bay but again with walking difficulties that may not be easy and you would probably need a cab .

Hey Graham that looks like our room . Were you in Michelle's room 1105 too :rofl

lyn
hi thank you guys for your replys we are going to have a look at the sonesta beach and the holiday village thanks for sharing your pics graham it looks a lovely place x :cheers
Hey Graham that looks like our room . Were you in Michelle's room 1105 too

We were Michelle's neighbours down a bit :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.