Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Goa in 2013 has very little in common with other areas of India, even other tourist spots.

So please don't assume you know what to expect.
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.
:welcome to HT.
We don't seem to have really up to date info on the hotel - although the consensus is basic but clean and in a great position. But hopefully someone will come along soon who can give a first hand report. Have a look here for Monarch to Goa discussion but we also have a flights forum with a Monarch thread which you could have a look at.
We have travelled with Monarch for the last 14 years and have had no complaints whatsoever. Never had any significant delays and the food is usual airline food, although we once contracted Salmonella from undercooked chicken on the way home. Having said that have had food poisoning in very expensive restaurants in England too. I think most people complain about leg room but as a 5ft 4in person I find the leg room adequate, if you are taller you may think different. You soon forget about the flight once you are lying on the sunbed in the sunshine. We shall be in Goa too in December. I am sure you will have a brilliant holiday. Don't forget to go to the meet ups in the Carvery on Wednesday evening, you will have a great time with lovely friendly people.
Thank you Fiona and BrenLiz for taking the time to reply.
Will certainly take your comments onboard.
I have stayed at the Ticlo Resorts three times, my most recent was February/March this year.
The hotel is in a fantastic position and very close to shops, bars and restaurants. The place itself is clean and tidy and as with most (if not all) hotels of this standard in Goa it's simple and basic. The staff are pleasant and the rooms are cleaned daily with clean sheets and towels.
In the evenings the bar area comes alive when a lot of the residents stop for a drink and a chat, the meals are very good at very cheap prices.
The only negative is that some of the rooms aren't up to scratch and if you're not happy with the one you're given tell them immediately and they will change the room.
On the whole, this is a good hotel with a friendly atmosphere.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.