Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi folks,

been a watcher for a while but have visited Malta 6 times since the age of 13 (now 36). Big fan of Mellieha and when it comes to eating this place takes some beating: The Arches, Mellieha

Regards,
Mark
For anyone holidaying during the month of September. http://www.maltairshow.com/

Well worth a visit.
Vittoriosa or Birgu is a lovely place to visit. Plenty of history in the place and the 'accachio' (spelling) or paved area is as it was hundreds of years ago. The Inquisitors Palace, Maritime museum, Church of St Lawrence and museum are all interesting places.
Oh by the way, its also my mums birthplace, she lived there for her first 20 years and got married in the church of St Lawrence so i would be a little bit biased. :D
Dear Godber, you are right to be a bit biased mate, Birgu is a truly magnificent place, my wife and I go there every time we are in Malta which is on average 5 times a year at present, in fact all the Cottonera fascinates us and we never ever tire of going there, it is a very unique place and one of the things we love to do is to get bus number 4 to Rinnella then walk through Kalkara and in to Birgu using some of the sneaky little passages by the sea, we are in Malta in a few weeks and we are planning to do a full Cottonera walk including Kalkara, Birgu, Senglea, and Bormla, and will then carry in walking through Fgura until we end up in either Zabbar, Paola, or Tarxien, wow how I love Malta.

Inselli Ghaliek
Sliema2
My favourite place is a secluded bay in the North of Gozo - San Blas Bay. Quite a steep descent (and more so the climb back up) but well worth the hike! Red sand, very secluded and simply great...
I just love....the Baracca gardens. :) I spent there all day long and felt absolutely peaceful :) Here's a pic: ww.odyssei.com/travel-gallery/96055.html
Malta has a lot of nice places, like the capital city of Valletta.
For sure it is worth spending a day in it, since it is part of the world heritage... I wanted to explore the city on my own and therefore I found an audio guide quite helful. I could go through Valletta while listening to historical information as much as I wanted even in my language ( available in maltese, english, dutch, german, french, spanish, italian from the Archeology Museum at Republic Street)
Also I can recommend to visit the St.John's Co-Cathedral with its chapels and famous paintings! By the way Malta has about 365 churches, but this one is unique. Furthermore, there is the Market on Sundays next to the main Bus Terminus from 9-12 in the morning. Nice to buy some souvenirs and try Imhareb the tipically maltese delight yammmiiiii but a bit fat.
As I like history, the Palace Armoury Museum, which opens every day and exibits a variety of armoury is quite interesting.
In Club 22 in Portomaso Tower, St. Julians you have a wonderful view all over Malta during the night!!! AMAZING!
Mdina, the silent city, contrasts a lot from tourist places like Paceville and from there you have also a great view of all Malta, because it is located in the middle of the Island. Fishing villages like Marsaxlokk are soo idyllic and beautiful.
The Azure Window in Gozo. Magical experience..
There are a lot of wonderful places I like in Malta ... especially in Spring time! I love Spinola Bay too.
But every once in a while I like to go to historic places in Malta - which I used to visit mostly while I was still at school. I like Mnajdra and Haga Qim a lot!! And when next in Gozo I plan to visit Ggantija.
If in Gozo - Dwejra & Xlendi are a must.
In Malta, Mdina, Golden Bay, Wied iz-Zurrieq, Sliema front are all beautiful
Thanks Daniela .Will be heading to Gozo in the summer for 9 days so it will soon be time to compile my must do list from here. :D
ps .. welcome to Ht by the way if you are new :wave
9 days of sun, beach & relaxation then. Enjoy it :)
Yep all 5 of us so it will be a mixture of drop n flop, diving (not for me though) and some exploring .. If it's too hot in the day we will head off late afternoon /evening. Thats MY plan anyway . :D
Ramla Bay in Gozo is lovely...you will love that.
Fortizzo on Sliema seafront. Avoid like the plague unless you like waiting an hour and a half for your starter.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.