Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Ostend trains leave from Brussels South/Bruxelles Midi/Brussel Zuid station. Direct trains take about 1h.20, some journeys you have to change at Gent. If you got to the SNCB website, you can check times, fares, and buy tickets, all in English

http://www.belgianrail.be/jp/sncb-nmbs-routeplanner/query.exe/en
Thanks Doonhammer. I've been thinking about this all day, and am contemplating staying in Ostend, but perhaps having 2 nights in Bruges at the end of the break. Is 2 days sufficient for Bruges. If so any accommodation recommendations would be gratefully received.
I would say so Helen. We are going again on Wednesday for the day (part of mini cruise with National Holidays). There's plenty of little squares to wander around (we still get mixed up as to which square we are in :think ). There's also the canal & the shops. It's pricey for clothes in Belgium, even C & A stuff will make you say "how much?"
I've hit a big problem now. I tried to book flights for next Easter with Brussels airlines earlier. They need to know the passport numbers now, on booking, but our passports are up in February :duh By the time we get photos done, and the passports back, I bet the prices will have rocketed. Has anyone else had this problem?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.