Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi
Have a look on travel supermarket.com i have just seen a flight from manchester to goa via mumbai for next march for £562.91 booking through crystal travel,i have not booked it i am waiting to see if qatar have a sale again anytime now.
Danny
You can get to Mumbai cheaply enough with several carriers......about £430. It's only about £60 Goa/Mumbai return so you can bring the cost down. Trouble is, the hassle factor increases as Mumbai airport is a bit of a nightmare.

A couple of years ago, I booked those flights and the week later Qatar dropped the price of direct flights to Goa to about the same amount......very frustrating.

The cost difference between Qatar flights to Mumbai and those to Goa is scandalous. About £300 extra to go a further 200 miles!

It's just a big game of cat and mouse......do you hold on in case prices come down or jump in? Basically, if you're happy with a price, I'd say book it and don't check prices afterwards!
We have not been to Goa for quite a few years and i remember the good old days of being able to get a 2 week package holiday staying in the likes of Kamat holiday homes, tio carmino for under 400 pounds per person including flights!!

So far ive been getting quoted around 800 pounds pp for a package, although my partner looks on a website called holiday discount centre and has found a 2 week package holiday to the likes of the osbourne for 520 pounds departing early december from manchester for 2 weeks.

I'd imagine that they would charge for adding baggage and airport transfers (although id rather take a taxi )
This is with purpleholidays I think, as i think that holidaydiscount centre website is a bit like icelolly.com, in that it only advertises offers from agents.
Now lets not get started on phoning them and them saying, oh the price has increased by 200 pounds per person!! lol
It's about this time of year when Qatar have a "sale" and prices are reduced for a week or so. They've just announced this but the prices to Goa are unchanged.

It's currently a lot cheaper to fly Qatar to Bangkok than to Goa. Ever felt you were being ripped off? :que
i got a great deal with Etihad for 460 but would have prefered Qatar as Etihad is change in Abu Dabi and then in Mumbai but couldnt pass that up at that price. BA have also had some good deals flying from London
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.